1.    #1  
    Painfully waiting for a new hardware from Hpalm, i turned my attention to WP7. I was ready to make up my mind and make a switch in case it lands on sprint before webos 2.0 until yesterday. After watching a game demo, the rep hit the home button on the phone "WP7" to show how multitasking is done, then he had to go back to the game. having waited for another minute for the game to load is when i said WP7 is not ready for me.

Webos has made things so easy for me. It is the only OS that you never have to close a program to start another. i think it'll be hard to switch to any other operating system. Multitasking means everything. If palm touts it as the biggest feature on their phone i say why not. It works, efficient, and productive. it is the single feature in my opinion that trumps the others and will heavily influence my decision not to move to other OS.

Well in the end, i guess i still have to wait for another Hardware. man this sucks.. lol
    Android and iPhone both have the ability for dev's to add save state much like webOS does for its PDK games.

The good dev's do implment it.
    Yes, but just thinks... the major part of the wait is behind you. A new version of webOS is coming, a new device upgrade for the Pre just announced... and I would venture a guess that the new hardware designs will be held for a CES announcement. If that's the case, I have no problem waiting. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have new hardware now, but am totally willing to wait a little longer for something awesome.
    I just hope with the backing of HP now that Palm doesn't have delay after delay after delay. That is when people loose the attention span and go elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Android and iPhone both have the ability for dev's to add save state much like webOS does for its PDK games.

The good dev's do implment it.
    He's not talking save state. I haven't seen the video, but even assuming a "minute" is an exaturation, meaning its morel ike 25 seconds, then the Pre still beats it hands down. If I am playing a game, like angry birds, it takes about 30 seconds to launch, click start, choose my board, and begin playing. MOST of that time is load time. Now, lets say the iPhone and windows 7 load it in 10 seconds. In the long run I'll still take the Pre over those devices, here is why.

I RARELY am "just" playing a game on my phone. At least 70% of the time I get some sort of notification I need to act on. With Webos I can deal with the alert then switch back to my game instantly (ok, maybe 2 or 3 seconds) with no farting around with menus or load times. I can't even do that with anything but the most basic of games on my computer!

If WP7 can't do that...I don't want it.
    PDK in Pre puts 3D games in a save state when minimized. Again, if the iphone dev has implemented multitasking api's for their games, they will open in the same amount of time once you go to open it.

Example:

Yes its a plus all Palm apps are setup this way though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    PDK in Pre puts 3D games in a save state when minimized. Again, if the iphone dev has implemented multitasking api's for their games, they will open in the same amount of time once you go to open it.

Example:

Yes its a plus all Palm apps are setup this way though.
    The PDK doesn't saves or freezes the apps. The apps continues working in background. In games is stupid, and that's the reason the app pauses, but in other implementations, like hybrid apps, or graphical apps that could be developed different than games, you'll see the HUGE difference between the Apple's model and Palm's model.
    Newness Developments apps:

Games are a small piece of the puzzle.

My frustration with iOS's "savestate"-tasking is how cumbersome it is, how it's not an automatic addition like webOS's multitasking, and how it's not real multitasking where i can leave (an) app(s) doing something for me while I work in another app.
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    The PDK doesn't saves or freezes the apps. The apps continues working in background. In games is stupid, and that's the reason the app pauses, but in other implementations, like hybrid apps, or graphical apps that could be developed different than games, you'll see the HUGE difference between the Apple's model and Palm's model.
    to the end user returning to the screen where they left off, i think all that technical aspect of it doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Games are a small piece of the puzzle.

My frustration with iOS's "savestate"-tasking is how cumbersome it is, how it's not an automatic addition like webOS's multitasking, and how it's not real multitasking where i can leave (an) app(s) doing something for me while I work in another app.
    That is true. (save for a few apps of course).

I mean, even when I had my Pre, the only apps i needed to run while i was not in them were of course pandora/mp3 player, Navigation and the phone app so i think thats why most people are fine with the save state.