1.    #1  
    Sprint ID, the latest Android innovation from Sprint, allows you to instantly personalize your phone to complement your needs and interests! this is new? ;/

This was the "big announcement" from last Wednesday that got some people in a tizzy. Seems like it would work for someone unfamiliar with smart phones, or even what "android" is. Gives Sprint employees a way to offer better customer service in the store. Not that earth-shattering of an idea, though...
    I think a lot of people that have Android devices complain of all the junk on there, so this just helps it become less junk, more focused. Keeps everyone a little less grumpy lol....

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I think a lot of people that have Android devices complain of all the junk on there, so this just helps it become less junk, more focused. Keeps everyone a little less grumpy lol....
    +1 absolutely I'm thinking the same!
    Earth shattering? No. Revolutionary? No. A neat idea for a carrier to push this? Yes, I think so.

To me what this is doing is in someways forcing the hands of the manufacturers. Right now HTC, Samsung, Motorola (and others) are taking the vanilla android experience and layering on top of that their own UI features. With Sprint ID, this could potentially quell that debate and allow users to get closer to a more common experience across manufacturers.

For instance, my wife has an EVO and one of her best friends has a Droid. She is constantly asking me why don't I have the XYZ widget, or look, or feel, etc. that her friend has (and her friend asks me the same). With Sprint ID (granted Sprint doesn't have the Droid, but I think you know what I mean) they could have the same UI experience no matter which manufacturer they have. Thus, HTC Sense becomes and ID, etc.

There is a second advantage that I see to this. You can customize the ID, or I think create your own, what this really boils down to is profiles. I could have a work profile, home profile, meeting profile, etc. and switch between them very easily. Again, this is not new or earth shattering, but it does provide a common way for people to get this functionality.

I think to some it will be a welcome addition, to others not so much, but it will not be forced on anyone.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Other Handhelds - Non-Treo Windows Mobile? Is it an Apple device? Blackberrry (see subforum) Talk about it here.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic