Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'ordinary girls and boys,' but the vast majority of iPhone users are aged 25-55 People in that age bracket generally have enough disposable income to afford the iPhone and any software they choose to use with it (i.e. they don't need to pirate). If your 'boys and girls' are in that small percentage aged 24 and below, there's a good chance their parents purchased the phone for them, but won't support software purchases so they resort to piracy. Bad on them, but they're a small percentage and hardly representative of the larger iPhone population.

Of course it's different with the iPod Touch. Lots of kiddies' parents bought them those, but most of them have little to no skills for jailbreaking.
    Didn't exactly want to dig this thread up but I just wanted to clarify that they girls and oys I talk about range from 20-36 and all have purchased their own phone. They also have enough disposable income to spend on apps.
    The point I was making was that, they, like the majority, see the only benefit of jailbreaking as getting free apps. And if that is the only perceived benefit to a lot of users then that it is a problem.

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    The point I was making was that, they, like the majority, see the only benefit of jailbreaking as getting free apps. And if that is the only perceived benefit to a lot of users then that it is a problem.
    And your point remains unsupported by any real data.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12