Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so whos making the switch, if your on Verizon will you opt for the iphone next year or wait to see what HP and palm has been cooking?

WSJ gets less cheeky with Verizon iPhone article, now says it’s a done deal « Boy Genius Report
    Last edited by wellwellwell11; 10/08/2010 at 09:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    No, I'm with Palm/HP/webOS till the end. Just thinking about not having the amazing community along with the awesome multitasking gives me the willies. I personally hate everything Apple. Now, my wife on the hand, She said she is getting one on launch day. So I asked her why she would switch and her answer was so she could have a bunch of cases.
    ugh... its the end of ruling the air with all the soccer moms on their Iphones all day....
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    The best comment I found on that article:

"A VZW iPhone without LTE is like a flat-chested girl working at Hooters. No one wants to see it and it simply doesn’t make sense. If this is to happen, and its just 3G, **** on it. I’ll buy another Droid,"

LMAO. I wouldn't buy a droid though, I would buy a Pixi.
  5.    #5  
    heres another question. With all the NO LOVE support Verizon has shown Webos, and seems to continue to show Webos, does anyone think they will even push to have a new Webos Device now that they will have the iPhone and all these Android devices?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCl1ck View Post

"A VZW iPhone without LTE is like a flat-chested girl working at Hooters. No one wants to see it and it simply doesn’t make sense. If this is to happen, and its just 3G, **** on it. I’ll buy another Droid,"

I saw that too lol
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    heres another question. With all the NO LOVE support Verizon has shown Webos, and seems to continue to show Webos, does anyone think they will even push to have a new Webos Device now that they will have the iPhone and all these Android devices?
    Depends. When is the iPhone coming and when is the next webOS device coming? I think now Palm/HP have to play this smart. Either A) come out before the iPhone or B) wait a couple months and then hit VZW with the new device. If they do that I think Verizon will advertise the next device a little better. As far as push I would hate to say it but no.

I think Droid is going to be set on the back burner when the iPhone comes out. To many people think that the iPhone is THE phone to have. So I think we will see a little more "push" but nothing like the first gen droid or any droid for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I think Verizon will still carry the next webOS device just to have it. It'll definitely not get any love though.

The iPhone will be Verizon's "favorite child" for a long time since it's so popular. They will also probably get a flood of AT&T users who are only with AT&T because they need an iPhone.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCl1ck View Post

Because the CDMA iPhone isn't LTE, he's going to go buy a CDMA Droid that isn't LTE?
    I will believe iPhone on Big Red when I see it with my own eyes.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I don't see anything there that makes it any less a rumor. There have been plenty of "according to people familiar with the matter..." stories over the last year about Verizon and the iphoney.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I think Verizon will still carry the next webOS device just to have it. It'll definitely not get any love though.

The iPhone will be Verizon's "favorite child" for a long time since it's so popular. They will also probably get a flood of AT&T users who are only with AT&T because they need an iPhone.
    Actually I think quite the Opposite, Big Red will continue to push the droid over the iphone,if it indeed comes, as they don't have to share the pie with anyone.

The iphone will be the annoying step child , consistently asking for money, that you end up giving just to shut him up.

Droid is Big Reds Baby , and that's not changing anytime soon.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Actually I think quite the Opposite, Big Red will continue to push the droid over the iphone,if it indeed comes, as they don't have to share the pie with anyone.

The iphone will be the annoying step child , consistently asking for money, that you end up giving just to shut him up.

Droid is Big Reds Baby , and that's not changing anytime soon.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    I agree for now because your correct Androids making them a ish load of money, bringing the iphone will just do this to hender AT&T even more, in hopes to get some of their people there. Unless the Iphone really starts making Verizon money (and more then Android) they will stick to supporting Android first. Which leaves any other OS (besides BB as they stated) WEBOS out to dry. Sure they'll carry a webos device, but does anyone think their pushing for it at this point, I highly doubt it.
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I still believe the iPhone will get special treatment on Verizon...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Ultimately Big Red will do what's best for it's bottom line (or what it thinks is best). Will they see value in new webOS 2.0/Palm Hardware? Will HP make it worth it to them? Questions we don't know the answers to...yet.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    The iPhone sells itself. AT&T doesn't even advertise the iPhone. I believe all of the advertisement is handled by Apple. Even the AT&T sales people don't like selling the iPhone because their commissions are MUCH lower than for other smartphones.

So, all that Verizon has to do is make it available. They will continue to push the Droid and everyone will be happy except AT&T.
    Thats cause Apple made AT&T their ***** (and why verizon turned down the iphone originally).
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    The iPhone sells itself. AT&T doesn't even advertise the iPhone. I believe all of the advertisement is handled by Apple. Even the AT&T sales people don't like selling the iPhone because their commissions are MUCH lower than for other smartphones.

So, all that Verizon has to do is make it available. They will continue to push the Droid and everyone will be happy except AT&T.
    yup, hence the Idea I think HP should shoot for. when people say Iphone they know the design, they know what it can do.. If HP can just create atleast 3 designs (portrait, landscape, and slab) one set a year with specs and hardware to die for and push and market them, they can not only do what made Iphone successful but putting them on carriers worldwide they would catapult them past them.
    I'm getting an iPhone on launch day if it does go to Verizon. Android is starting to get locked down by manufactures like Moto and HTC so why not just get the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I'm getting an iPhone on launch day if it does go to Verizon. Android is starting to get locked down by manufactures like Moto and HTC so why not just get the iPhone.
    When people speak of Android's openness, one factor is the ability to switch ROMS....but the other one is the fact there is no approval process for the marketplace.

Its a good and bad thing, but thats what user reviews are best for. Besides HTC did it for one phone and it sounds like it'll be cracked soon.

I'd blame T-Mobile. HTC has always been easier to root than other android devices.
    if verizon does indeed get the iPhone and the new webos they are going to be such a big powerhouse (not that there not already) w/ their "reliable" network and phone options.. If they dropped their prices to match sprint then they would "own" the market
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast