Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It is a pretty sure thing that CDMA iPhone 4 is coming to Verizon very soon.
    If it does come, will you leave your Palm Pre Plus and WebOS for an iPhone and ios?

Why/Why Not
    Nope. I've already had extensive experience using iOS and it's just not as friendly or fluid as webOS.
    CDMA is superior to GSM, but I'm already on Sprint, so that's not a factor. But I am not a member of the Cult of Jobs--I don't drink the Apple Kool-Aid--thus I don't see any reason to take part in their one-size-fits-all world. So no, I won't be making the switch.

It's funny, thinking back to their famous 1984-esque Macintosh ad, with a runner throwing a sledgehammer through the propaganda-spewing screen. They have become exactly what they gained notoriety for rebelling against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    CDMA is superior to GSM, but I'm already on Sprint, so that's not a factor. But I am not a member of the Cult of Jobs--I don't drink the Apple Kool-Aid--thus I don't see any reason to take part in their one-size-fits-all world. So no, I won't be making the switch.

It's funny, thinking back to their famous 1984-esque Macintosh ad, with a runner throwing a sledgehammer through the propaganda-spewing screen. They have become exactly what they gained notoriety for rebelling against.
    Nuff said.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Nope. Staying with webos
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Although I've loved my Sprint Pre (bought on launch day), I'll probably switch, for two reasons. Most importantly, there's some software available for iOS, which is critical for me, that will probably never be ported to webOS. Right now I'm using an iPhone 3GS without cell service (i.e., like an iPod Touch) just to use that software.

Secondly, while webOS is undoubtedly better for multitasking, I've found that the iOS UI is far more responsive and immediate, even on the 3GS hardware. There are just too many lags and glitches with webOS, as well as major omissions like voice-recognition. Maybe that will change with webOS 2.0.
    Doesn't make sense to make a CDMA phone when LTE is almost ready for rollout. I doubt Apple is making a CDMA phone. LTE maybe but not CDMA. Don't really care what WSJ says, they've been wrong for yrs in saying that iphone is going to whichever network other than AT&T.

And no, never would consider going to Verizon. No thanks.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Verizon and Apple are two controlling tyrants that I wish to stay away from.
    So how does that Plam Kool-Aid taste? Kind of stale and flat like it's a couple of years old?
    I'm already on Verizon and no, I won't switch to anything from my Palm except another Palm. I'd get an Android before an iPhone, not that I want an Android. Now, don't get me wrong, I really like my iPod Touch (for the apps), my old iPod video (for music), and I love watching Netflix on my wife's iPad. I just don't want an iPhone or anything else when I already have the best phone.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    No way. I am a recent WebOS convert and I love it. I have an iPad if I really need an iOS fix.
    Won't switch to verizon. But that means iPhone is one step closer to sprint. Then yes absolutely will drop the pre like bad habit. Like webos it's a great OS but palm is far to slow with coming out with new products. I been a palm fan for 6yrs they always had great ideas but takes them years to make a reality. Plus if apple goes to multiple cariers it will be game over for palm. Drink the koolaid now or later, but you will drink it. Android is not option for me, its garbage.
    my biggest issue with iphone has always been hardware. Every single person I know has shattered their screens multiple times, and that isnt covered under insurance from what I have heard, obviously because it is a problem. Now the same issue seems to be happening with the back cover on the iPhone 4. Doesnt make any sense to me. Netflix and facetime would be sweet, and I know my wife would love it, but just the thought of people coming up to me and saying "oh you have an iphone too! we should be best friends! I LOVVVVE apple!"
    Plam Kool-Aid= people are dum
  16.    #16  

I was thinking the exact same thing, one of the reasons I switched Mac years ago was for the individuality. The ios devices have none of this original appeal.
    maybe. If a sprint iPhone is released I will drop webOS immediately (unless the new hardware is incredibly awesome)
    I would only consider it if it comes out on Sprint. Will not switch to Verizon, AT&T or T-Mo.

Pick your carrier first and your phone second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Although I've loved my Sprint Pre (bought on launch day), I'll probably switch, for two reasons. Most importantly, there's some software available for iOS, which is critical for me, that will probably never be ported to webOS. Right now I'm using an iPhone 3GS without cell service (i.e., like an iPod Touch) just to use that software.
    I'm curious what software or at least what type of software you are using that it critical enough to need an off-service 3GS?

Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Doesn't make sense to make a CDMA phone when LTE is almost ready for rollout. I doubt Apple is making a CDMA phone. LTE maybe but not CDMA. Don't really care what WSJ says, they've been wrong for yrs in saying that iphone is going to whichever network other than AT&T.

And no, never would consider going to Verizon. No thanks.
    It makes perfect sense for them to make a CDMA phone even if LTE is rolling out. LTE is at least 2 years away from broad implementation so Verizon's network is going to continue to be operating mostly on CDMA. The best you could hope for in regards to LTE here would be a CDMA/LTE combo phone.
    I won't be up for new phone for another year. Lots can happen in the next 12 months.

It all depends on what Palm comes up with. I want a phone that is fully functional OUT OF THE BOX!

I love webOS but I won't go near a Palm device if the hardware integrity remains subpar. Also, I am overseas a lot, and I use skype constantly to communicate back home as long as there is wifi connection. No Skype app for webOS. Will there be?

So to sum up, it really depends on what Palm is going to do in the next 12 months. Hardware integrity, laggy keystrokes. It's really nice and all to overclock my Pre right now to address the lag issue, but there is still no sound recorder, and no voice dialing. I rather not have to resort to homebrew solutions to make my phone minimally functional.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast