Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    No. I don't ever see myself following the apple herd. I'll give credit to Apple that they make some pretty solid hardware but I cannot stand the closed nature of the apple ecosystem. I don't want to be locked into Steve Jobs way of doing things. Apple just isn't for me and unless things drastically change in the way Apple operates it never will be. It is all about personal preference. In MY opinion (and you know what they say about opinions) WebOS is the best smart phone platform for ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Doesn't make sense to make a CDMA phone when LTE is almost ready for rollout. I doubt Apple is making a CDMA phone. LTE maybe but not CDMA. Don't really care what WSJ says, they've been wrong for yrs in saying that iphone is going to whichever network other than AT&T.

And no, never would consider going to Verizon. No thanks.
    Look, even more news about a CDMA iPhone - this time from the New York Times!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/09/te...hone.html?_r=1

After more than three years of using only AT&T cellphone networks, Apple is making a version of the iPhone 4 for Verizon’s network, according to a person who is in direct contact with Apple. Apple and Verizon will begin selling the phone early next year, the person said, who agreed to speak on condition of anonymity because the plans were supposed to be confidential and he did not want to alienate his contacts at Apple.

[...]

While the arrival of the iPhone on Verizon had long been expected, some industry insiders doubted that Apple would bring the iPhone to Verizon before the carrier deploys its next generation network, known as LTE.

But in an interview this week, Tony Melone, the chief technology officer of Verizon Wireless, suggested that those doubters could be wrong. Mr. Melone did not comment on the iPhone, but he said that while Verizon would begin rolling out its new network in 40 American cities by the end of the year, the company’s older 3G network would continue to grow for several years. He also said that Verizon would continue “selling 3G devices well into the decade, possibly through the end of the decade.”
    Just to be clear, the NYTimes' source is the WSJ article. It does not corroborate the WSJ article, it merely repeats it.

And according to the WSJ article, their source is "people familiar with the matter."

Feel free to draw your own conclusions. Not saying it won't happen, but so far, it's just another rumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Just to be clear, the NYTimes' source is the WSJ article. It does not corroborate the WSJ article, it merely repeats it.

And according to the WSJ article, their source is "people familiar with the matter."

Feel free to draw your own conclusions. Not saying it won't happen, but so far, it's just another rumor.
    How do you know this?
    Not going to leave Sprint, they have great prices and good service. Not going to leave WebOS, I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    How do you know this?
    I read the articles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I read the articles.
    You mean the New York Times article that opens with them quoting their own independent source and closing with them tacitly admitting the WSJ scooped them with their own source?
    Hmmm... I see no need to write my name in the snow in the middle of summer... The product doesn't exist yet. Will cross this particular bridge after the sucker is built.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    So how does that Plam Kool-Aid taste? Kind of stale and flat like it's a couple of years old?
    Still taste pretty good to me
    I will never leave Palm/Hp.. until i have no choice! Web os is the Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    You mean the New York Times article that opens with them quoting their own independent source and closing with them tacitly admitting the WSJ scooped them with their own source?
    The Times does not quote their own "independent source." They cite:

...according to a person who is in direct contact with Apple...
    In other words, the person mentioned in the WSJ article. News orgs do this type of BS all the time. If it really was their own independent source, they would have been proud to have mentioned that. Reading between the lines, it is obvious the Times' article is just a more fluffed up re-write of the WSJ article. But people will believe what they want.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123