Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    as long as palm and hp continue to make webOS phones, and they are available on vzw, I will have a palm phone.

Palm phan boy not withstanding, I like to be different. Everyone has an iphone or a droid or a blackberry.

I like standing out from the crowd.

think different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Nope. I've already had extensive experience using iOS and it's just not as friendly or fluid as webOS.
    Interested to hear what is not friendly or fluid in comparison to webos. I am looking to get a webos tablet if the hardware is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    CDMA is superior to GSM,
    There will be great disappointment in your future.

Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    It's funny, thinking back to their famous 1984-esque Macintosh ad, with a runner throwing a sledgehammer through the propaganda-spewing screen. They have become exactly what they gained notoriety for rebelling against.
    Yes this happens to some successful companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Doesn't make sense to make a CDMA phone when LTE is almost ready for rollout....snip
    CDMA will be around for awhile, they still need to serve the millions of people on CDMA

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    my biggest issue with iphone has always been hardware. Every single person I know has shattered their screens multiple times, and that isnt covered under insurance from what I have heard, obviously because it is a problem. Now the same issue seems to be happening with the back cover on the iPhone 4. Doesnt make any sense to me. Netflix and facetime would be sweet, and I know my wife would love it, but just the thought of people coming up to me and saying "oh you have an iphone too! we should be best friends! I LOVVVVE apple!"
    No Applecare does not cover it, Safeway and Squaretrade do.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Interested to hear what is not friendly or fluid in comparison to webos. I am looking to get a webos tablet if the hardware is right.

Yes this happens to some successful companies.

CDMA will be around for awhile, they still need to serve the millions of people on CDMA

No Applecare does not cover it, Safeway and Squaretrade do.
    Why build something you wont warranty? Thats blatantly admitting your product is inadequate when you cannot stand behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    So how does that Plam Kool-Aid taste? Kind of stale and flat like it's a couple of years old?
    I love you!!!

I'll switch because I'm going to be getting a Macbook Pro for college since I'm going to be doing a lot of creative editing and I'm sick of Windows and I don't want the hasle of Linux.
    Why build something you wont warranty? Thats blatantly admitting your product is inadequate when you cannot stand behind it.
    Because you're not supposed to drop things.

Applecare covers anything that isn't your fault.
    Because of stable phone calls?
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    My answer is easy. No. Reason is because of webOS and the community. I'm with Palm/HP/webOS till the very end.
    As long as HP and Palm keep bringing us new hardware and the hacker community keeps coming up with cool things like the Uberkernal, I'll stay with WebOS. I think the Pre is the ultimate "hacker" phone because you can modify and change so many things easily with out having to jailbreak it.

I've never been an Apple Fan from the Apple II+ days. The Iphone is for Sheeple.

Some of you guys really knock Verizon, and I admit they do get a black eye with the GPS issue have have been less than Pro Pre, but all in all they are my best solution where I live. (Almost No ATT or Sprint Coverage in my rural home County). I also had a good experience with their customer service this week. I was 80 minutes over my plan with over a week to go. I have a big ongoing project with lots more calls than usual. I called and they bumped me to the next tier retro-actively so for another $20 I am covered, were I was looking at probably $100 in overage charges by the time the cycle closed. They even said I could drop back in the future if my situation changed.
    I'm curious what software or at least what type of software you are using that it critical enough to need an off-service 3GS?
    It's Pleco, a premier Chinese language app. Look it up if you like. Soon the developer is bringing out real-time Chinese character recognition using the iPhone's autofocus camera. This won't work on an iPod Touch because the Touch's camera lacks autofocus.

I'd been using the PalmOS version of Pleco within Classic on the Pre. But Classic is a resource hog and sporadically crashes the Pre, and the PalmOS widgets are hard to use with the Pre's touchscreen. Pleco is SO much better on the iPhone.
    Don't be lazy, read what these companies cover before you make asinine commets.

Because of stable phone calls?
    News flash: companies will be moving away from CDMA. CDMA is not the future.
    If the iPhone is released on VZW, would you be able to flash it to Sprint? There's my answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I doubt Apple is making a CDMA phone. LTE maybe but not CDMA. Don't really care what WSJ says, they've been wrong for yrs in saying that iphone is going to whichever network other than AT&T.
    Hey, look - reports of China Telecom (a CDMA carrier) getting a CDMA iPhone soon.

China Telecom may be in talks to offer iPhone-report

China Unicom (0762.HK), the nation's No.2 carrier, is the only Chinese carrier selling the iPhone, but its exclusivity deal with Apple is likely to expire early next year, the South China Morning Post reported, citing a Deutsche Bank analyst note.

That would open up the way for China Telecom, which operates a 3G network based on a standard called CDMA 2000, to offer iPhones, as Apple prepares to launch an iPhone model that runs on that standard, the paper said.

"Although China Telecom management in a recent lunch meeting refused to confirm whether the company would also begin selling a CDMA iPhone in China next quarter, our own channel checks suggest that the company has been in intensive talks with chipset supplier Qualcomm (QCOM.O) and Apple to ensure that this (development) indeed happens," the paper quoted the note as saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Hey, look - reports of China Telecom (a CDMA carrier) getting a CDMA iPhone soon.

China Telecom may be in talks to offer iPhone-report
    Yeah, this was all over the news not too long ago. The announcement that the iPhone was approved for that market was all over the place (which is funny since you can find the KIRF knock-offs of the iPhone being sold at nearly every street vendor in metro areas.
    I'm curious what software or at least what type of software you are using that it critical enough to need an off-service 3GS?
    I have about 12 Apps that I use via my ITouch & IPad for my work that don't exist in any version in the Classic or Current Palm catalog. I use my IPad for work so I have them there so I don't need an IPhone/Touch to use them. Some people may not want to carry multiple devices though.

I was so sold on getting an IPhone if/when Verizon ever came out with one. But now that I've had WebOS for a few months, I doubt I'd make the switch and use the upgrade I'd been saving for an IPhone for a new WebOS device when they come out.

I detest the calendar on the IPhone/Touch, and while they have Pocket Informant to make it better, I much prefer the look and feel of the IPad (with or without Pocket Informant) & WebOS calendar when patched out with Ubercalendar and the use of Agenda.

I love to tweak and customize things, WebOS gives us much more freedom to make our devices truly ours. Apple, eh, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    So how does that Plam Kool-Aid taste? Kind of stale and flat like it's a couple of years old?
    I've been an owner of a Palm device for a grand total of 8 days over my entire life span. Prior to that I owned a Motorola Q running Windows Mobile 5 for about three years, and over the past few months I've been recommending/selling/configuring Android devices pretty much exclusively. As I said in my opening post to these forums, I cannot in good conscience recommend a WebOS device to any of my clients.

Fanperson I am not.
    Gee I wonder what carrier/phone you have. So transparent. So defensive. Let it go champ, it'll be OK. This isn't a sporting event.

Yes, CDMA is not the distant future, and neither is GSM. CDMA is, however, the present, which is where most of us live and operate.
    Then here's hoping LTE finally fixes GSM call stability in the US once it's fully implemented.
    If I were on Verizon nope id stay with Webos. Also a side note Id resubmit this thread again after the next webos device is launched, and I bet you'll see anyone who stated they'd leave Webos for Apple change their minds. Ive used 2.0 with the developer program and its sick, imagine with new hardware and specs with it, the lag and hiccups some people complain about with a still baby OS (I really dont see too much at all myself at this point), and with HP's deeeeeep pockets, I bet you they will be in aww of what the OS can really do when it has money and developers behind it.
    also the way Verizon is treating Webos anyway I think Verizon will drop Webos before you'll be able to.
    so everyone saw this right, that Iphone to Verizon is a done deal?

WSJ gets less cheeky with Verizon iPhone article, now says it’s a done deal Boy Genius Report

so who would switch to the Iphone if your on Verizon? Or will you wait and see what Webos has in store?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast