1.    #1  
    I recently had to bring my Pre into the shop for repair (Sprint original, had it since month 1 and love it). Had problem with phone giving a loud crackling static noise (although the MP3, podcasts etc had no problem). Since they may just trash the phone and credit me for the original purchase price (Best Buy does not carry the palm line anymore) i am thinking of switching to either a Evo or Epic (staying with Sprint). I love the Pre, and Web OS. Would most likely miss the UI, although most, if not all of the apps would probably be available on the other line as well. I appreciate your input.

Bob
    I'll say this > You're going to have problem regardless which phone you choose. Is that good convincing enough? :-D
    how about this:

please don't!
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Naw, if you want to go to Android go for it!
    I did it, upgraded to the EVO and went back to my Pre.

Gadgets on the Go: Goodbye EVO. Welcome back Pre!
    Jimmie Geddes
    If BB is going to credit you the purchase price you might as well jump on the droid and enjoy the ride. By the time the new WebOs device gets released, you will be able to make an informed decision whether or not to stay w/Droid or switch back to WebOs.
    On a side note, last week a Sprint Pre w/clean ESN sold on Ebay for $75
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    If you can let the credit ride for a while at BB then grab a Pre off Ebay for cheap and wait and see what is released in the next few months. Most likely BB will be caring the new WebOS device when it is release anyway.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I had a droid alongside my Pre, and I have completely dumped the droid -the system is clunky to navigate & takes multiple, annoying steps to get to settings that take only swipes with webOS... Plus, the new webOS phones are really just around the corner & are being pushed by HP as well as webOS being played on multiple form factors -for me, there's just TOO much possibility with HP/Palm to want to leave!!

...and if you do, you WILL miss the webOS system -it spoils you...you'll see..
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I had the same thing happen to me yesterday with loud static coming over phone calls, but other sounds were fine. A trip to the Doctor cleared it right up, surprisingly. I also stopped at the Sprint store and played with the Evo and Epic. I found the Evo clunky and unintuitive, while I really liked the TouchWiz UI and loved the display on the Epic. I don't know why so many people hate TouchWiz. Anyway, my Pre works now, but if Palm fails to impress soon, I am now excited at the prospect of jumping to Android
    I've always said, get the phone you need. If you need an Android then by all means, get one. I LOVE Palm, and my Pre, but at the end of the day, it's a phone. It's not your child, or your wife.

I'm a super Palm supporter, but I've been looking around, seeing what's out there. I'm still with the Pre because for my work, I CAN'T live without multi-tasking or the keyboard, and from what I've played with on Android, I know I'd miss cards too much. The Pre does everything else I need for work and for fun.

Personally I'm waiting to see what WebOS 2.0 feels like on my Pre minus. And I'm waiting to see what the new phones will look like. And if I discover that WebOS just doesn't cut it anymore for my needs then I'll move on. But my gut tells me that I'll be with WebOS for a while.

So here's my advice. I'd wait until 2.0. But if you can't, don't feel bad or guilty. Get an Android, they're great phones. Try it out. If you like it, great. If you don't, Palm and HP will be around for a long while, you can always come back!
    A phone is a totally person decision. Ask the store if you can spend a full hour or more with each that you are considering. There will be differences that this guide helps show:

Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android

You get 30 days to return no questions asked. If you are Premier, you can upgrade again in a year.

Look at what matter most to you. Try them out. Get the one that's right for you. Only you can know what feels right for you.

- Craig
    If you think the Pre is the best phone you've ever had ro will have, then don't change to Android. If you think your Pre has just as many shortcomings as benefits and you're not afraid to try something new, try an Android phone.
    If you can get the an android without being forced into a contract extension, I would suggest getting the android phone.
    Worse to worse, these top tier android devices hold their resell value well so far.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Get the phone with the highest resell value.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I had a similar decision to make last week after my Pre speaker failed, and I went with the Epic 4g. It took a few days, but I'm really digging it now. That said, I know it's a placeholder til the next great WebOS offering (although not the front page Palm P102UEU, it's not enough of a change). If you're a Premier account holder, you get the yearly upgrade as well, and it seems a number of months will pass before a new device will blow us away.
    BTW, Milo's link helped me a lot, it's worth the read.
    For me its not worth $350 - $400 for device and 4g charge...
    I also had issues with bluetooth and my epic and miss the touchstone

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    YOU WILL BE BACK ! yes really !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    For me its not worth $350 - $400 for device and 4g charge...
    I also had issues with bluetooth and my epic and miss the touchstone
    I miss my touchstones intensely. I had one in my car and it was so convenient, I sometimes forget I no longer have it and yank the usb cable out of the car!