1.    #1  
    I just read on ign.com that the iphone 4 is coming to Verizon Wireless early 2011. Apple worshipers also have the iphone 5 coming out (as they do every year) June 2011.

That tells me this; You have the VZW customers who are going to wait and nab a iphone 4 and skip on the new HP/Palm phone early 2011, or you have the crowd that are on the fence between iphone 4/WebOS phone, and wait for the iphone 5 (which probably will come on both VZW and AT&T at that point).

Loose Loose situation to me for Palm WebOS fans. Really for any phone company for the first half of 2011.

I personally hate Apple. I think they're over priced pieces of crap and I love my Palm Pre Plus and Windows 7 pc baby!

Nothing would make me happy than to see HP WebOS kick the living **** out of Apple, but I'm scared ****tless it isn't going to happen.

2011 is looking like another Apple ***** party.
    The only thing VZW Iphone is going to wipe out is AT&T. There's way way too many people that don't have smartphones yet to just say that webOS is going to get wiped out. I feel the same way about Apple though. They overprice their computers/laptops by hundreds and hundreds of dollars. I've seen some that are $1,000 higher than their similar spec'd pc counterparts.
    enjoy your iphone.

the rest of us will enjoy our palm pre 2 and slew of webOS devices headed our way next year!
    I'll be sure to enjoy my iPhone or Android 3.0 while WebOS keeps failing at catch up.
    Hell, I'd love an iPhone!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Every fall, news breaks of a CDMA iPhone coming the next spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by imgreenlantern2 View Post
    I just read on ign.com that the iphone 4 is coming to Verizon Wireless early 2011. Apple worshipers also have the iphone 5 coming out (as they do every year) June 2011.

That tells me this; You have the VZW customers who are going to wait and nab a iphone 4 and skip on the new HP/Palm phone early 2011, or you have the crowd that are on the fence between iphone 4/WebOS phone, and wait for the iphone 5 (which probably will come on both VZW and AT&T at that point).

Loose Loose situation to me for Palm WebOS fans. Really for any phone company for the first half of 2011.

I personally hate Apple. I think they're over priced pieces of crap and I love my Palm Pre Plus and Windows 7 pc baby!

Nothing would make me happy than to see HP WebOS kick the living **** out of Apple, but I'm scared ****tless it isn't going to happen.

2011 is looking like another Apple ***** party.
    Word of advise, get a laxative, it ain't gonna happen. Your news is source IGN and you admit that? No wonder webos is where it's at today. You hate a company, silly.

By the way you forgot Ipad2 and ATV2.

Quote Originally Posted by ApplelessthanPalm View Post
    I think that all these sites got this info from one faulty source. I dont think its happening for real. Verizon has planted the android crops with super manure and not to mention that they were the first ones approached by apple, and well it got declined. I guess I will believe it when i see it and I dont think I will any time soon.
    That source was Walt Mossberg, WSJ

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    The only thing VZW Iphone is going to wipe out is AT&T. There's way way too many people that don't have smartphones yet to just say that webOS is going to get wiped out. I feel the same way about Apple though. They overprice their computers/laptops by hundreds and hundreds of dollars. I've seen some that are $1,000 higher than their similar spec'd pc counterparts.
    Yes there are way to many folks without smart phones. Why is that? Could it be they don't need a smart phone? Or maybe the cost of the phone' plus data plan.

HP should release webs tablet first, less real competition there. Let that sell well and then, BAM, phone with webs, looky looky how it works alongside side your webs tablet. (notice how I said phone with webs, it needs a name change. Pre? That name indicates it was not ready for prime time. Pixi? What was Palm doing, taking cues from Disney?)
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    The only thing VZW Iphone is going to wipe out is AT&T. There's way way too many people that don't have smartphones yet to just say that webOS is going to get wiped out.
    True.

However, the likely marketing war between new kids (in the US) VZW iPhone, (worldwide) WP7 and the existing large players is not going to be helpful to smaller names like Palm.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Apple has its fans and everyday consumers moving to the smart phone like it too...there is nothing wrong with that. WebOS would be in a huge pile of trouble if Palm was still independent but with HP's marketing muscle I do believe they will have the WebOS voice heard. Its not going to grow to 15% of the market or anything overnight but we will see some growth.

iPhone 5 will no doubt open even more APIs but I seriously doubt it will be anything more than a modest upgrade hardware wise - new chip and some additional memory. In all honesty they don't need to do much else - they make very user friendly devices which look stunning and that's a part of their appeal. Looking back Apple seems to be on 2-3 year cycle when it comes to significant changes in the phone design. If Apple were to update the UI so it looks a little less stale then that would be some news worth noting for the fans of other OSs.