Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My wife is ditching the Pre for a new phone what should she get? Is there anything coming out very soon she should wait for?

thanks
    Well the best Sprint phone is the Palm Pre. Would you like some good alternatives to their best phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by konsole View Post
    Well the best Sprint phone is the Palm Pre. Would you like some good alternatives to their best phone?
    I couldn't have said it any better.. There is no better phone on sprint that matches the Palm Pre.
    Well if you insist on not sticking with the Pre, the HTC EVO 4G is probably the best they have.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    Well if you insist on not sticking with the Pre, the HTC EVO 4G is probably the best they have.
    Nope, from a hardware standpoint Epic is the sure winner, not to mention Evos are rarer than unicorns
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I couldn't have said it any better.. There is no better phone on sprint that matches the Palm Pre.
    The only phone better would be a Sprint Palm Pre Plus! Get a Verizon or ATT Plus on ebay and Plus her Pre. It'll be like a whole new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Nope, from a hardware standpoint Epic is the sure winner, not to mention Evos are rarer than unicorns
    Hardware ain't everything.

Another vote for the Evo here. Have had zero problems with it and its fast as hell.

And lol the Pre is not sprints best phone. A year ago sure. But some people are delusional. I wouldn't recommend a Pre to someone who needs a new phone these days. (unless you want to buy a cheaper phone....great price for what it does).

Only reason i wouldn't recommend is that i would then have to teach them homebrew...and if i have to recommend homebrew to make the Sprint Pre bearable out the box....i simply can't recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    You must not get out much. Plenty of Evos in NYC.
    Eh i'm in NYC and it took me a while to find an Evo. I had to order it on best buy's website. Might be better now though.
    They all have their flaws .. I have an Evo , started with the Epic, after I moved on from the Pre. If there was a new Pre I would be back to WebOS in a heartbeat. The hardware on the Evo feels solid, but android also needs homebrew to feel complete. Flashing roms etc, isn't fun.

I'm just passing through android waiting for Palm to release some new hardware... the apps on android aren't that great, and the Pre has better games. WebOS is hands down the best mobile OS. IMO
    I rooted my phone (since i like to tinker) and the only thing i have done is loaded a custom rom:

And added wireless tethering. really have nothing else i need to add to the device with rooting...the stuff that homebrew does is pretty much replacable with apps. Like the text messaging app was barebones on the Evo so i switched to Handcent which gives you so many options from notification to the style your texts will come in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I rooted my phone (since i like to tinker) and the only thing i have done is loaded a custom rom:

And added wireless tethering. really have nothing else i need to add to the device with rooting...the stuff that homebrew does is pretty much replacable with apps. Like the text messaging app was barebones on the Evo so i switched to Handcent which gives you so many options from notification to the style your texts will come in.
    I'm running the same ROM , looks very refined and works great. I'm able to get almost 2 days without a charge now. Still going back to WebOS once new hardware is released, although the EVO has grown on me. HTC makes great hardware , but android lacks polish.
    Quote Originally Posted by konsole View Post

I'd have to disagree w/ yu on this one...pre is no where near the best phone on sprint...if that was the case I would be able to refer ppl to it... But I can't.....my vote is for the evo as the best sprint phone....it dosnt need up to 7 replacements....that I kno of
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I'd have to disagree too. My vote is for the EVO. Once you actually get it and see what it does, you'll wonder why you ever thought the Pre is currently the best sprint phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by susanoo26 View Post
    I'd have to disagree too. My vote is for the EVO. Once you actually get it and see what it does, you'll wonder why you ever thought the Pre is currently the best sprint phone.
    Add my vote to the EVO 4G being the best phone that you can get on Sprint. I might miss a couple of features from WebOS but I wouldn't go back now if you paid me. Much better equipment, more apps, and you don't have to hack the snot out of it to get it to work properly.

@063_xobx: The EVO 4G is only rare if you're trying to purchase one, and this is even months after launch. Plenty of them on the street if you look around. That should tell you something about the phone. In my time with a 6-06-2009 Pre, I only saw two other people with one, and that was after almost a year had passed. I've seen a dozen people in the last week with one. No comparison.
    I see a lot of Evo users as well. Haven't seen an epic in the streets yet though.

I have the scarce white one though so i might be special haha
    I vote for the Evo also and I have never seen a Pre in the wild before I switched and until this day. Since owning an Evo five people I know have gotten the Evo that I couldn't have convinced to buy the Pre and now I can use the Qik app to video chat.
    haha thats funny. I'm usually the go to person for "what phone to get" in my circle,

So when I got my Pre, two of my friends got one, and then my gf got one.

Only one of them still have the pre. myggf and one of my friends both got an Evo. My other friend is all about the iphone and debating whether to wait for it to come out on verizon but then he saw the Epic and wants that. My friend in maryland asked me about the Evo and bought it that same day. I have another friend who wanted an Evo, couldn't find it and since she's impulsive, bought the Epic instead.

Not counting my iPhone friends...i have a lot of people i can video chat with.
    The evo is still the best phone on sprint. I have an evo and pre and as much as I like the pre i can't go back to it full time because android is just more functional. Never thought I'd need flash until I got the evo and web pages are just so much easier to read on the evo.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast