Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    So right now, there are really no phones out there that would be what I would consider perfect. Perfection for me would be a smartphone with all the buttons of my old Q, no touchscreen, and a polished OS. I am predicting that MS will be the first to reach perfection, since this is a design concept they are obviously familiar with.
    Maybe, but I don't think that's a design they're willing to make at this stage of the game. It just doesn't fit with the brand they're trying to market.

Something like the Droid Pro strikes me as being a good compromise between old fashioned sensibilities and modern smartphone functionality, but it sounds like you're not even close to being won over by Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Something like the Droid Pro strikes me as being a good compromise between old fashioned sensibilities and modern smartphone functionality, but it sounds like you're not even close to being won over by Android.
    That's funny. :-)

Syndil started this very thread with these words in the first paragraph:
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    ... I'm a fan of Android ...
    For the record, I have been recommending and will continue to recommend Android to all of my friends and clients ...
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  3.    #43  
    Yes, I still think Android is probably the best way to go for most people. Right now, no OS is what I would consider perfect. Combine old WinMo's ability to be used single-handed with Android's apps and WebOS's UI... that would be perfection. For the moment, however, all of the major OS players require the use of a touchscreen, so single-handed usability is not even on the radar right now. Once the novelty of touchscreen wears off, I believe they will come back to their senses and make devices that are more flexible about how they can be used.

I don't see single-handed usability making a comeback until we are able to select what we want on the screen by moving a highlighted field around with a directional pad. Completely old-school, but hey, it wasn't broken. And nothing says you can't have both. See what you want on the screen and want to press it? Go ahead. Can't free up your other hand to press it, and can't reach it with one hand? Navigate to it and select it. That's where we need to be going.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123