Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    To be clear, the real bucks in Google's model is data mining and the revenue associated with that.

Like Facebook has also determined, our demographics, habits and data are much more valuable, as a product to be sold, than ad revenue.
    Again, I agree with all of that, but how valuable is this info really? How much revenue is being produced by data being "mined" from Android phones? Without an official word from Google, its impossible to know.
    True, but as a consumer of ...well data... this stuff is super duper expensive. Clearly not as many people buy it as ads, but the costs of serving up ads are a lot more than serving up the data after its been collected.

the data is pretty well regarded as being pretty clean.

But true, we don't know. Fact is Google is a money machine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Well first, Jobs also said they outsold the DS and PSP combined which was a flat out lie.

As for the previous comments, you're attempting to compare an "apple" to 50 other fruits. When analysts are looking at the smartphone market they aren't looking at 50 different devices, they're looking at what platforms the devices that are selling are running, just like with personal computers. iPhone(iOS) vs Android just like Mac(OSX) vs Windows. Tablets, iTouchs, ATVs are not smartphones just like server systems running Windows are not personal computers to be compared to Mac(OSX).
    Show proof that he lied.

Did you read what I said? I said we KNOW how many iPhones have been sold. Google KNOWS how many Android devices has been activated thru Google. But, the CEO had an opportunity to say how many had been activated thru Google, but he didn't say.

If Android is really outselling the iPhone or iOS devices then Google has the info to back up that claim. So, let's hear it from Google and not from bloggers and analysts with their guesses.

Furthermore, the iPod touch and iPad run the same exact apps as the iPhone with a few exceptions. So, why would they not count? It's Android that has the fragmentation problem, not iOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    Show proof that he lied.

Did you read what I said? I said we KNOW how many iPhones have been sold. Google KNOWS how many Android devices has been activated thru Google. But, the CEO had an opportunity to say how many had been activated thru Google, but he didn't say.

If Android is really outselling the iPhone or iOS devices then Google has the info to back up that claim. So, let's hear it from Google and not from bloggers and analysts with their guesses.

Furthermore, the iPod touch and iPad run the same exact apps as the iPhone with a few exceptions. So, why would they not count? It's Android that has the fragmentation problem, not iOS.
    I have no doubt Android devices are outselling iOS devices now. I can buy one for free with a new contract on any carrier. However, I have no doubt that the iPhone is far more profitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I have no doubt Android devices are outselling iOS devices now. I can buy one for free with a new contract on any carrier.
    I'm sorry, did you say free? You see, around here, people don't believe that there is a such thing as free with contract. They think it is the same thing as paying an up-front cost plus contract. They also don't think that marketing something as free makes a difference to people when choosing a phone.
    I have no doubt Android devices are outselling iOS devices now. I can buy one for free with a new contract on any carrier. However, I have no doubt that the iPhone is far more profitable.
    LOL!! That means nothing.

You can get the Palm Pre for $49.99 with contract on the major carriers, or FREE with contract it you get it from HP's website. And we all know the Palm Pre ain't selling. So, free cell phones on contract doesn't mean they will sell well.

So, try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    LOL!! That means nothing.

You can get the Palm Pre for $49.99 with contract on the major carriers, or FREE with contract it you get it from HP's website. And we all know the Palm Pre ain't selling. So, free cell phones on contract doesn't mean they will sell well.

So, try again.
    Wow, your angry.

The Pre was never embraced by the carriers like Android devices have been. My point is selling more devices isn't nearly as important to a company as which device is more profitable.
    Wow, your angry.

The Pre was never embraced by the carriers like Android devices have been. My point is selling more devices isn't nearly as important to a company as which device is more profitable.

I am not angry, was just laughing at your response.

My point is selling more devices isn't nearly as important to a company as which device is more profitable.
    Dude, I have been saying that on this forum FOREVER when it comes to the Mac and iPhone. But, people still want to talk about the Mac's market share compared to Windows when they only compete in certain markets and the markets that are most profitable.

Also, been saying that about the iPhone which doesn't discount their phones or have a buy one, get one free deal like so many Android devices on Verizon. Instead we get the useless article that the OP posted.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123