Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    i was hanging at my house a couple of months ago and a friend of mine that has an Iphone came by and the usual you need to upgrade to an Iphone talk came up and we do the back and forth for fun....a while later the girl across the street stops by with a new to her Iphone so he decides to show her the ropes....he freezes her Iphone and then go's to show her something on his Iphone and freezes his....so i know how fragile the I ego is so i calm them down and explain that smartphones are not perfect and told them to reset....low and behold they had no idea how to reset from a freeze so i whip out my Pre and google Iphone reset and stopped them from getting a total breakdown....most Iphone uses don't have a clue....all they think of is Apps......
  2. #2  
    Not to burst your bubble, but I would bet most casual Pre users would be in the same boat...
  3. #3  
    I think Pre users know how to reset because we have to do it more than the IPhone users. lol

    ET
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    i was hanging at my house a couple of months ago and a friend of mine that has an Iphone came by and the usual you need to upgrade to an Iphone talk came up and we do the back and forth for fun....a while later the girl across the street stops by with a new to her Iphone so he decides to show her the ropes....he freezes her Iphone and then go's to show her something on his Iphone and freezes his....so i know how fragile the I ego is so i calm them down and explain that smartphones are not perfect and told them to reset....low and behold they had no idea how to reset from a freeze so i whip out my Pre and google Iphone reset and stopped them from getting a total breakdown....most Iphone uses don't have a clue....all they think of is Apps......
    Interesting... I thought they knew everything.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Not to burst your bubble, but I would bet most casual Pre users would be in the same boat...
    we all know how to remove a battery...
  6. #6  
    Thats because most of us Iphone users dont have to reset our phones but the pre i gave my wife resets it self or crashes or just turns off all the time im just tired of returning them
  7. #7  
    My experience with resets.... I'd be surprised if I do it more than once a week. I don't remember the last time I've had a crash either, probably since before uberkernel 1.4.5-92 O/C'd to 1GHz. Kind of trivial for me now, there's a patch I just installed for a daily(weekly, however you want to configure it) reset, happens at 4AM so aside from the initial set up doesn't really affect me
  8. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I think Pre users know how to reset because we have to do it more than the IPhone users.
    If you want to be really familiar with regularly resetting your phone, get a WM device!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    we all know how to remove a battery...

    exactly... Doesn't work, remove the battery.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    If you want to be really familiar with regularly resetting your phone, get a WM device!
    Ha! No doubt. WM is helpful (and unstable) enough to provide you a reset button on the device.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    Thats because most of us Iphone users dont have to reset our phones but the pre i gave my wife resets it self or crashes or just turns off all the time im just tired of returning them
    we all know that the Pre is not perfect but you could avoid crashes and all the little grembins that all smartphone phones will continue to have with proper care....
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    we all know that the Pre is not perfect but you could avoid crashes and all the little grembins that all smartphone phones will continue to have with proper care....
    Is this not true for all smartphones? I don't understand your point here.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    ....most Iphone uses don't have a clue....all they think of is Apps......
    ....most webOS uses don't have a clue....all they think of are patches......

    Wow! It IS easy to make ridiculous claims!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    there's a patch I just installed for a daily(weekly, however you want to configure it) reset, happens at 4AM so aside from the initial set up doesn't really affect me
    While I've used this (out of not having a better option available) on my Pre, it is not a brag-worthy "solution".
  15. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #15  
    As soon as you talk about "patches" you aren't talking about what normal people do.
  16. #16  
    I admit that I have to reset my Pre from time to time, but I don't think I've removed the battery since I installed the fat 2300 battery that I planned to use for a few days last June.

Posting Permissions