1.    #1  
    After one week on the iphone 4 I was surprised on how many things I missed about the palm which far outnumber the things I like about the Iphone.

Here are my initial gripes some of them are critical fail, others minor annoyances. Note I am not commenting on hardware/screen/ etc.

Iphone Cons:
    No passive notifications.

No swiping (or very little).

No multiple signatures.

No homebrew/preware patching (without jailbreak)

No synergy. Iphone address book does not sync w google contacts. "Feels" like phone is tied to the computer.

Calendar no weekly view.

Pin screen lock required whenever screen shuts off as opposed to longer lock time.

Things I like about Iphone:
    PDF viewer seems superior.

Start up/power up/restart very fast.

Folders app grouping option is nice.

Google maps boots very fast.

Swipe to delete emails i.e WebOS style.

Visual voice mail
    Well, we do have a app for visual voicemail. As for the start up process.. i hope that will be improve sometime in the future. Google maps do take a little time to boot, now that i'm using an overclock kernal > it seems to boot a little more faster. Other than that, the Iphone has nothing over the Pre.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    No multiple signatures?
    Quote Originally Posted by oldog View Post
    Pin screen lock required whenever screen shuts off as opposed to longer lock time.

It's under the General settings.
    The only drawback I can see from your list of things you don't like are notifications. Notifications on the iPhone are horrendous and something I suspect will be the next major change in iOS (considering they just recently hired the guy responsible for designing notifications in webOS).

Everything else is solvable once you play around with and understand the OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    The only drawback I can see from your list of things you don't like are notifications. Notifications on the iPhone are horrendous and something I suspect will be the next major change in iOS (considering they just recently hired the guy responsible for designing notifications in webOS).

Everything else is solvable once you play around with and understand the OS.
    exactly. They hired a guy who designed webOS notofication, so very near furure iphone will get awsome notification. I doubt once you get used to iphone4, you won't miss pre. I can't believe people are stil comparing pre with iphone. Iphone is so out of league with our current pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    exactly. They hired a guy who designed webOS notofication, so very near furure iphone will get awsome notification. I doubt once you get used to iphone4, you won't miss pre. I can't believe people are stil comparing pre with iphone. Iphone is so out of league with our current pre.
    For you and depending upon what you want out of your phone. Others would never consider or touch it, because it doesn't meet their needs. Everyone decides what's important to them and chooses accordingly. Sometimes the choice works sometimes it doesn't.

I'm sure the OP will love his phone once he gets used to it. There's a reason he jumped to iOS and those issues still exist.