1.    #1  

i'd love to have this running some webOS!! i had thought 7-8 inches would be my max for a tablet, but this 8.9 seems like it'd be great.
    the bigger the better
    Somebody posted a thread about it hours ago:
    http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...xing-dock.html

Should atleast research a little
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    There is nothing sexy about that thing. It has HP's typical boxy, non-sleek bulky persona. It does nothing to stand out from the rest of the crowd.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post

i'd love to have this running some webOS!! i had thought 7-8 inches would be my max for a tablet, but this 8.9 seems like it'd be great.
    Its pretty ugly and will be so horrible if HP will release new WebOS tablet with same form factor.
    It's fine for the enterprise market.

Definitely not sexy enough to compete with the iPad in the consumer market.

Shocking how slow the browser is.

Very nice dock, though! I hope that carries over to the webOS tablet!
    Last edited by idontwan2know; 09/25/2010 at 07:10 AM.
  7.    #7  
    yeah, the dock was very cool. i was a little surprised when they pulled that out of the box.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Somebody posted a thread about it hours ago:
    http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...xing-dock.html

Should atleast research a little
    my bad. i don't know if it takes a bit for it to be indexed for search, but i didn't see that one before i poseted. thanks.
    I think its about what you can expect from a tablet running Windows 7. Windows 7 is not what you want for a touch UI at all. Just like when I played with the touchsmart PCs at best buy you eventually just start using the mouse because trying to touch control windows 7 is a pain. The fact that they have a CTRL+ALT+DEL button is hilarious.

Other than that I like the landscape mode as natural orientation, not sure if that will stick for a webOS device but I would like that a lot better, or atleast the option to switch to in in card view.

I really hope they don't try to imitate the iPad like most of you seem to want.
    Ugly IMO. I hope the webos version looks nothinng like it.
    I love how people on a webOS forum are so judgmental about the aesthetics of a device. In the end would it really matter what it looked like so long as its running the "supeior" OS we all love and know? If you want aesthetics jump on the apple bandwagon, and pay out the wazoo for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    I love how people on a webOS forum are so judgmental about the aesthetics of a device. In the end would it really matter what it looked like so long as its running the "supeior" OS we all love and know? If you want aesthetics jump on the apple bandwagon, and pay out the wazoo for it.
    +1
    I honestly wouldn't care if it looked like this, if it was running webos I'd be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    I think its about what you can expect from a tablet running Windows 7. Windows 7 is not what you want for a touch UI at all. Just like when I played with the touchsmart PCs at best buy you eventually just start using the mouse because trying to touch control windows 7 is a pain. The fact that they have a CTRL+ALT+DEL button is hilarious.

Other than that I like the landscape mode as natural orientation, not sure if that will stick for a webOS device but I would like that a lot better, or atleast the option to switch to in in card view.

I really hope they don't try to imitate the iPad like most of you seem to want.
    The ExoPC tablet runs Windows 7 and seems to be much smoother in all the vids I've seen. The scrolling problems seen in the browser probably has a good deal to do with IE8, which is notoriously slow. I'd bet the performance would improve significantly with FF or Chrome.

The ctrl-alt-del button is actually quite clever, especially for an enterprise device.

As far as the webOS tablet goes, it needs to be significantly thinner and have better battery life if I'm going to carry it around all the time. It's not just about industrial design, it's the practical considerations of how you'd use the device. The slate is just too big to be a personal device you keep on you all the time. At least for me.
    This looks like something that really didn't take much effort from HP to put together, and that is because its an enterprise device. Also noting that the guy mentioned he didn't have the actual consumer interface on it. So I guess it would be nice to see what that interface looks like and functions as.

I think a web OS device should def not be any larger than this. The size the the Galaxy tab seem like a nice fit, however it would be nice to have a larger screen for web browsing etc.

I like the idea of a grippy back, like shown, something similar to the touchstone battery cover texture.
  15.    #15  
    i think between this size and the galaxy tab would be great. i had always thought about 8, but seeing this 8.9 or whatever made me think i could go with something that big. the grippy back is super cool. while i like the look of this well enough (obviously), i thin less bezel and a little thinner would be great. i'd definitley be on it if i were running webOS, as is though.
    little thinner and they have a winner!