Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I'm sure at least a few people may have heard of this crazy Korean device, check it out!

It's the GamePark Holdings GP2X Wiz, an open-source handheld gaming device. Basically, it's a linux-based emulation machine! It sports a 533mhz stock ARM9, reliably overclockable to 800. It has a pretty large development community behind it, including perfect NES/SNES/ GB/C/A /Genesis/Gamegear/PC-engine/atari/MAME, and tons more emulator. It even runs a good chunk of PS1 games! I've made it past the 2nd reactor in FF7 on it. :] All of the emulators I listed before play absolutely perfectly, it really has blown me away.

It's leaps beyond the last device I had from GamePark Holdings, the original GP2X F100 I think it was. It runs off SD cards, including video player, music player, flash games, and it even has a touchscreen... It's like the poor-man's Pandora. But the Pandora is a whole different beast... I was blown away to get the Wiz for under $150. Anyone else have one of these, or another GPH handheld ever? The Wiz was just succeeded by the GP2X Caanoo a month or so ago, too. Right after I got my Wiz! Ah well, I prefer to have the last build of a well-tested device than a brand new first batch.

Oh... and if the next Palm product has an SD slot of any kind, I would be in heaven. I'd be able to download software for the Wiz right onto the mystical Palm phone and do the work from it.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Aw, burn! No love for the quirky, yet awesome, Korean open-source handheld? S'all good, the only person I know IRL that has even heard of GamePark's handheld series had a GP32x a few years ago. They're quite rare in the states, despite it's exceptional homebrew library and functionality in general. Lite flash games with mouse support, PS1 emulation, solid movie player, TV out capabilities, bluetooth and wi-fi attachments, perfect emulation of all consoles from Atari 2600 to the 16-bit era (even tough ones like Super Mario RPG, and FX-chip games). Blows my mind. I'm gonna do a quick demo with it sometime, after I fine-tune it and get some more apps onto it.
    Interesting and reminds me of my original Zodiac 2 with 2 SD slots and 2 game controllers.

Palm could do a lot to open their devices with SD expansion, but it certainly ad bulk and I can only hope it happens. Sorli...