Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I have my own theory about that. In general, people will not go to a carrier if they are not in a place that gets good service from that carrier. No one buys a Droid for the love of the phone when they live outside of Verizon territory.

The iPhone is a completely different animal. People go out of their way to get an iPhone regardless of AT&T coverage where they live. If they get any kind of signal, they keep the iPhone. That is why there are so many iPhones that have signal problems. It is neither the iPhone, nor AT&T. It is the customer insisting on having a phone that doesn't work well in their area.

Think about it. Nothing else would explain why so many people are so satisfied with the iPhone, despite the reception problems. They know exactly what they were getting into, and wanted the iPhone anyway. Eventhough they would have received better coverage with something else. It does not indicate a problem with the iPhone, but rather, its popularity.
    That is certainly a possibility for data rates but even in weak coverage areas with Verizon where I have terrible data rates I still get decent call quality and stability. I suppose it could just be a limitation of the shared date/voice signal. I really hope if Apple insists on a shared data/voice signal and Verizon has gotten it working that they still allow the user the option to use 1X for voice. It really seems like the separation of data and voice signals has been the main reason Verizon has the call quality and strength that they do on their network.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I suppose it could just be a limitation of the shared date/voice signal.
    You are probably right. But, that is not an iPhone or AT&T issue anymore. That's an overloaded GSM network issue. Clearly, Verizon is willing to bend over backwards and kiss their own **** to get the iPhone. They must believe the iPhone is a pretty good piece of kit.
    I'd still say it's at least an AT&T issue because of a poor network infrastructure. As some Europeans have said they don't have those issues on their GSM networks and odds are it's because their governments probably hold the networks more accountable to keeping the infrastructure strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm seeing that iPhone voice quality and occasional garbling is consistent even where they have an excellent signal.
    LOL. Of course you are!
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    You are probably right. But, that is not an iPhone or AT&T issue anymore. That's an overloaded GSM network issue. Clearly, Verizon is willing to bend over backwards and kiss their own **** to get the iPhone. They must believe the iPhone is a pretty good piece of kit.
    Makes you wonder if Verizon truly regrets initially declining the iPhone.

It's difficult to imagine how the market would look today if the iPhone was available on a variety of carriers here in the U.S. Many people that I know personally who own Android devices would much prefer an iPhone but choose carrier over device (like myself). Android is the "the next best thing" as many like to put it.
    I wonder wahts gonna happen to android once the jesus phone is available on verizon? I don't thinks it's gonna turn out to wel for android.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12