Read my in depth review article:

blog.thealo.com/thealo/blog/post/Palm-Pre-versus-Android-versus-iPhone.aspx

Preview:
I've had the Palm Pre for over a year and have had a great experience with it. My previous 3 phones were all Palm Treos and they worked really well. The 5-way button on the Treos let you quickly get around and the touchscreen added more function and usability. The battery life was tops and you could go 5 days without a charge. I loved it!

The Palm Pre came along and I figured that it'd would be equally as awesome. And it was! A full browser, great email program, impeccable multi-tasking, Universal Search, Synergy and plenty of other features that put it miles ahead of anything else available at the time. The only downfall was the battery life. You could never go a whole day on one charge. If you turned off all the features, you could get to 5PM on one charge, but barely. You had to download hacks that turn off every antenna (wifi, bluetooth, data/3G, etc) and then the battery would last. This is not good and really hurts.

About a month or two ago, my brother and a friend of mine got a 4G Evo and I spent some quality time playing with it, but the battery life was horrendous. It turned out that his was defective. A few weeks ago my wife got the Droid 2 from Motorola with the Android 2.2 operating system, and I was immediately impressed. A week later I got the Samsung Epic 4G from Sprint with the Android 2.1 system and was equally as impressed and mesmerized.

I didn't want to switch, but I felt the Pre was so underpowered and behind the newest devices. One of the main reasons I switched to Pre from my Treos was the promise that all my old palm programs would work on the new Pre. That never panned out. I also was hoping to preserve my notes, files, and tasks. But now that everything syncs with "the cloud" and google, you don't need to stick to one OS. It was easier to switch.

I searched the internet long and hard on information about switching from a Palm Pre to and Android system and could only come up with a few resources. So I felt that the world wide web needs more information on migrating from Pre to Android and comparing the two systems. I've also played around with the iPhone on numerous occasions and can touch on that experience briefly.

Pre versus Android versus iPhone

I've had the Palm Pre for over a year and have had a great experience with it. My previous 3 phones were all Palm Treos and they worked really well. The 5-way button on the Treos let you quickly get around and the touchscreen added more function and usability. The battery life was tops and you could go 5 days without a charge. I loved it!

The Palm Pre came along and I figured that it'd would be equally as awesome. And it was! A full browser, great email program, impeccable multi-tasking, Universal Search, Synergy and plenty of other features that put it miles ahead of anything else available at the time. The only downfall was the battery life. You could never go a whole day on one charge. If you turned off all the features, you could get to 5PM on one charge, but barely. You had to download hacks that turn off every antenna (wifi, bluetooth, data/3G, etc) and then the battery would last. This is not good and really hurts.

About a month or two ago, my brother and a friend of mine got a 4G Evo and I spent some quality time playing with it, but the battery life was horrendous. It turned out that his was defective. A few weeks ago my wife got the Droid 2 from Motorola with the Android 2.2 operating system, and I was immediately impressed. A week later I got the Samsung Epic 4G from Sprint with the Android 2.1 system and was equally as impressed and mesmerized.

I didn't want to switch, but I felt the Pre was so underpowered and behind the newest devices. One of the main reasons I switched to Pre from my Treos was the promise that all my old palm programs would work on the new Pre. That never panned out. I also was hoping to preserve my notes, files, and tasks. But now that everything syncs with "the cloud" and google, you don't need to stick to one OS. It was easier to switch.

I searched the internet long and hard on information about switching from a Palm Pre to and Android system and could only come up with a few resources. So I felt that the world wide web needs more information on migrating from Pre to Android and comparing the two systems. I've also played around with the iPhone on numerous occasions and can touch on that experience briefly.

Pre versus Android versus iPhone
Click on above link for more!