Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    yesterday i switched to the epic 4g coming from a Palm Pre. and wow i am so frustrated sure the apps are cool and all and the hardware is awesome super fast and the camera blows the pre out of the water. but i feel like i have cheated on my palm pre. now i know how superior webOS is over android. the notifications on android are a joke multitasking is garbage. i will keep the epic until palm releases new phone but wow how i miss webOS. oh and there is no facebook app on android that gives you notifications like the one on webos. just wanted to vent off a little come on PALM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! release something!

oh and i have been a pre user since day 1 june 6 first in line at best buy on launch day.
    Last edited by djfu3l3r; 09/22/2010 at 05:27 PM.
    I've told a few people they would be back eventually doing this very thing lol. Sorry man for your losss.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Good thing the Pre will still work as a PDA over wifi...

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Can we see a picture of your epic, with some kind of proof it's yours?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I also tried the Epic, even had sold my Pre on Craigslist. I kept it for two weels and realized I liked my Pre more so I took the Epic back and got another Pre.
    couldn't be happier that I switched back.

I do miss the bigger screen though.
    Didn't you keep your Pre. Just have it re-activated.
    I have to admit the hardware is enticing. I was at the Sprint store the other day, and I almost made the purchase.

But I couldn't see spending the money on a device that really doesn't do everything my current device (Pre) does as good or better.
    Last edited by Butters3605; 09/23/2010 at 02:53 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I have been eyeing the Epic for a while now. But I like WebOS over Android too.

But hardware wise, the Pre sucks. I have cracks by my USB port that have now started across the screen. I tried both Sprint and Palm for warranty replacement, but they refused for this kind of crack. On the third visit to a Sprint store, the rep even read me the notification on it.

If HP/Palm doesn't come out with something in the next few weeks, I will have to make a hard choice on the Epic.

Thanks to all of those comparing the two phones.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo
  9.    #9  
    do you really want me to take a picture of it really?
    I am glad I was able to eval a Droid X for work. It really let me see what Android is all about. Not my thing.

I can see why people who have never had an iPhone or webOS phone would like Android, but once you use these other OS's you really see the attention to detail they put into them.

Android will catch up, eventually, but Palm needs to MOVE. Let's get back on that horse Palm!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  11.    #11  
    yeah i kept my pre but its so beat up cracked screen and both speakers are dead. one more thing the youtube on the pre seems to display the videos with better quality
    I wish I knew if and when HP/Palm will be out with the new device (I've heard by Christmas and I've heard by Easter). I was thinking about adding a line with the Epic and keeping a line for my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    yeah i kept my pre but its so beat up cracked screen and both speakers are dead. one more thing the youtube on the pre seems to display the videos with better quality
    If you can spend a bit more money, you can make a Sprint Pre Plus.

I got a brand new AT&T Pre Plus for $200. You can find used ones in good shape for 100-150.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    do you really want me to take a picture of it really?
    Yes, with some proof of ownership.
    Have you looked for a replacement Pre and then sell the Epic. Or have you had it more htan 30 days...couldn't you take it back and get another pre?
  16.    #16  
    yeah i just got it yesterday. i think i am going to take it back and for kool kid 09 i will upload a pic asap
    Same story here. Switched to a Hero. Liked the hardware but Android SUCKED. Took it back and got a new Pre. Patched it up, pimping 1ghz of speedy sweetness and BOOYAH, couldn't be happier.
  18.    #18  
    palm epic.jpg

here it is epic next to pre
    I was just using my friends epic and comparing it to my pre and I noticed the exact same thing... fail by samsung
    Palm Phones
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700 wx -> Treo 750p -> PRE
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Yes, with some proof of ownership.
    Just (REALLY) curious: Why do you want some random on the internet to prove he owns a specific phone? Like... who cares?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast