Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkwd40 View Post
    I had a Pre, switched to Evo (which is incredibly feature rich, and really do love how it works despite my initial impression of it having less 'flow'). A problem I had is my wife still has hers and we have 6 touchstones around the house/cars. So I modded the Evo per the infinitemods post to work with the touchstone. Now I miss the screen that used to pop up on the Pre with the time, and the feature that turned a call on speaker when it was placed on the touchstone. Anybody know how to do that? I realize this is a Pre website still, but there are some posts by a person who has both phones, so any insight would be helpful. Thanks.
    It woul be possible with an app if someone made it.

A few phones go into "car mode" when put in a dock for navigation that opens an app automatically. Thats pretty much what you need As for the speakerphone part...that would have to be hardcoded into a ROM.
    the pic is really not necessary considering the person in question has been a member of this forum since september of last year. that's an awful long time to be a member without owning a pre.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    as a recent defector over to the epic from the palm pre i would say android defiantely does not fail. at first it was a little awkward not having the features of webos that make it unique but after a few days of digging through the mountain of available apps, tweaking settings, and just getting everything personalized i am extremely happy with android. webos but needs some serious help in terms of hardware and apps before it could be a serious competitor to android. its also nice that on android i didnt have to hack it to change various settings like i needed to with preware to unleash the potential of webos.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWW00 View Post
    as a recent defector over to the epic from the palm pre i would say android defiantely does not fail. at first it was a little awkward not having the features of webos that make it unique but after a few days of digging through the mountain of available apps, tweaking settings, and just getting everything personalized i am extremely happy with android. webos but needs some serious help in terms of hardware and apps before it could be a serious competitor to android. its also nice that on android i didnt have to hack it to change various settings like i needed to with preware to unleash the potential of webos.
    I'm in agreement with DaveWW00, I switched to the Epic last week after the ear speaker in my Pre died (Hello? Hello? Can you hear me now, not fun at all) I had been holding out for new Palm hardware, and was upgrade eligible since June as a Sprint Premier customer and day 1 Pre adopter. The hardware failure made the decision easy. I felt quite dumb the first few days, as I had a decent learning curve working my way around Android. I have it looking pretty good now, and tonight I sent a pic from the Epic to my laptop over Bluetooth, and it was just nice to have that feature back. I'm sure I will look hard at a new handset from Palm, but am content until it is released.
    Would love to run webos on the epic that would be such a killer combination!
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    the pic is really not necessary considering the person in question has been a member of this forum since september of last year. that's an awful long time to be a member without owning a pre.
    Hm not sure what post you're referring to.(not sure if someone here had deleted their post)

But yeah just check my post history, i had and liked my Pre.
    Speaknig of Angry Birds,

Full version of angry birds coming out next week. They were working on proper multi-tasking which was the hold up.
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    yesterday i switched to the epic 4g...
    Sorry, but ONE DAY is not enough time to be able to come to such a drastic conclusion.

It sounds like you went to Android with a chip on your shoulder to start with. You wanted it to be like webOS and it certainly isn't, but that doesn't make it wrong. Perhaps Android isn't for you, that is certainly OK. Simply return your Epic and go back to the Pre and wait for the next webOS device.

I would like to ask you a few questions. What the Pre your first smartphone? I know a couple of people who picked up the Pre as their first smartphone and tried to switch to Android and had very similar feelings as you. The reason is because when you only know one way to do things, any change/difference is looked on as a fault.

You mention the Facebook app is terrible. Like milomindbender I would like to know exactly what you think is so flawed, my wife has an EVO and they seem also identical side-by-side. Sure notifications are different, but that is an Android vs. webOS difference and nothing to do with the app.

So, my suggestion is look at Android in a more favorable light, continue on your 30 day trial, and if after that 30 days is up and you still don't like it, return it! Android is not for everyone, just like webOS is not for everyone.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    Attachment 51757

here it is epic next to pre
    I still don't believe you....how did you take that pic if BOTH phones are there??

I'm joking of course. I just dont see why "proof" is required. I guess its is a method of troll proofing. I tried a buddies Galaxy at work and couldn't stand it more than a few minutes. But if Palm doesn't have something significant to offer soon I don't know what I'll do.
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    Too funny...actually to a picture.
    Yeah,my inlaw got the evo a month ago(i can take a picture if you like).
    I'm glad I didn't make the jump!
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    I have never owned a pre and have been a member before the pre existed - I guess you are posting in Precentral? remember that the forums are common with treocentral, so you'll see lots of posters who have never owned a pre.
    Yes Android fails...while WebOS is ruling the market right now.

Oh wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkwd40 View Post
    I had a Pre, switched to Evo (which is incredibly feature rich, and really do love how it works despite my initial impression of it having less 'flow'). A problem I had is my wife still has hers and we have 6 touchstones around the house/cars. So I modded the Evo per the infinitemods post to work with the touchstone. Now I miss the screen that used to pop up on the Pre with the time, and the feature that turned a call on speaker when it was placed on the touchstone. Anybody know how to do that? I realize this is a Pre website still, but there are some posts by a person who has both phones, so any insight would be helpful. Thanks.
    How about Charger agent: Charger Agent - Android app on AppBrain

I have often found apps very close to what I wanted and then sent a polite email asking about the features that I would like to see added.

Very often they do it.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 10/16/2010 at 01:20 PM.
    i dont think android=fail.

i have an hd2 with android ported over. android is not that bad, runs fast and it does have flash on its web browser. flash on android runs just as good as the desktop. hopefully we can get flash when webos 2.0 is released.
    of course flash isnt everything but at least its there when you visit a website that uses it.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234