Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I agree. Android may not be pretty, but it works and it's free.
    androids good.. Just over complicated and a bit clunky.

If you tried NaNplayer or the new music remix you might think differently about webos music players

Touchwiz prob didn't help anything.
    I had bluetooth playback issues over my stereo with thr epic.
    Sounds more like Samsung fails than android haha. I've read a lot of little issues like that mean while Evo's main issue was the 30fps cap...which was just removed.
    lets not forget that Angry Birds has not been fully released for Android...
    people really love this angry birds huh?

I have the beta on android and it was fun, and i got 3 stars on everything...but some people here act like its the 2nd coming of christ.

Besides if you want a lot of games on your phone just get an iPhone.
    No need to hate. There are lots more levels in the full version plus even more unreleased levels in the lite version. I want a ton of games plus a great OS, and its already in my hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    yesterday i switched to the epic 4g coming from a Palm Pre. and wow i am so frustrated...
    After the Pre was introduced droves of people came to PreCentral with problems.

Often there was nothing wrong with their Pre's, it was just cockpit error. It takes a while to transition to a new car, computer, or phone.

The Pre and Pix Guide is a compilation of answers to those constant questions and issues.

New Android users face many of the same transition issues as well. These guides may help:

Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android

Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

In webOS, you multitask by keeping app "cards" open. Android Multitasking is automatic. There are no cards to keep open. It's like going from a manual transmission to an automatic. If you start typing an Email, Text, Calendar or Facebook post, then do something else and come back, you will be right where you left off. Even the next day.

In three taps I can be in any of my top 140 apps. It is weird not to have to shift cards around.

At first I thought that all those apps must be taking memory or power or something so I kept looking at my battery usage: Home > Menu > About phone > Battery > Battery Use. Dormant apps in fact are just sitting there doing nothing except waiting for you.

As to Notifications, webOS puts a separate Notifications Bar on screen as well as a Status Bar. Until you open each notification, the Pre Notification bar takes up precious space on a small screen. Android Notifications take no room because they are in the top Status bar. Swipe the Notifications down and they stay on screen until you tap one or swipe the Notifications up to close it.

The last issue you brought up was that the Facebook for Android app notifications. There are several Facebook apps but in the standard app tap Menu > Settings and then set your refresh interval and make sure your have the notifications you want turned on. That should fix it.

Take care,

Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 10/03/2010 at 08:15 PM.
    If you care about fun time waster games, Android is now getting ports of a lot of the iPhone ones that play on the Feint network (e.g. Fruit Ninja, Mini Squadron). Pretty much Angry Birds-caliber stuff.
  9. AZ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    how many PCs were sold every day running WindowsME? How many PCs were sold every day running Vista, or Windows 95?

It's amazing what people will buy.
    Im talking mobile phones, not computers.
  10.    #50  
    can someone port facebook app for palm to android please! the android app sucks so bad
    can someone port facebook app for palm to android please! the android app sucks so bad
    I have them both side-by-side on a Pre and an EVO.

What is missing from the Android Facebook app?

What is in the wrong place?

Which Android Facebook app are you using? Have you tried some of the others?

Did you take a look at the information on Notifications and Multitasking?

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 09/23/2010 at 08:44 PM.
    android is too clunky for me. webos is so much more elegant, everything just.....flows
    Can anyone port all the Android apps to WebOS? because most of WebOS app sucks so freaking bad!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    android is too clunky for me. webos is so much more elegant, everything just.....flows
    Can you give a specific example?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Can anyone port all the Android apps to WebOS? because most of WebOS app sucks so freaking bad!!!
    Can someone rotate the earth a few degrees, the sun shines in my bedroom window at 7am and well ... that's just too early.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Can you give a specific example?
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    No good podcast or music apps or a way to play and pause them like on Webos (from the lock screen I can control DrPodder and NaNplayer)
    Using Quick Desk .. double tap home (buggy btw)
    Or hold home.. last 6 used apps.
    tap home for use of widget

I just want an easy way to play/pause.

Some apps don't comeback to their old state.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    • Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android
    This link above takes me to something else.

BTW your awesomeness is greatly appreciated !
    Now, if only there was a way to put webos on the epic...
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    This link above takes me to something else.

BTW your awesomeness is greatly appreciated !
    Sorry! Fixed.

Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

- Craig
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I had a Pre, switched to Evo (which is incredibly feature rich, and really do love how it works despite my initial impression of it having less 'flow'). A problem I had is my wife still has hers and we have 6 touchstones around the house/cars. So I modded the Evo per the infinitemods post to work with the touchstone. Now I miss the screen that used to pop up on the Pre with the time, and the feature that turned a call on speaker when it was placed on the touchstone. Anybody know how to do that? I realize this is a Pre website still, but there are some posts by a person who has both phones, so any insight would be helpful. Thanks.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast