Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    and one more thing i recieved a picture mail and unlike the pre where it displays it in the messaging app. on the epic i have to download it to view. so i clicked download and it failed havent got it to successfully open a picture. god this sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Just (REALLY) curious: Why do you want some random on the internet to prove he owns a specific phone? Like... who cares?
    Because most people here have <fake> thoughts on Android without even trying it. And I care, if I didn't I probably wouldn't have asked.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/22/2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: language
    ninja please! Do you ask every person who talks bad about android for photographic evidence that they own it?
    I had my pre stolen and bought an Epic.
    Pluses: unscratchable amazing screen (black BG and only the icons give off light OMG) Light weight, many apps and swype keyboard.

I couldn't stand the multitasking, the lack of touchstone (in car esp), and No good podcast or music apps or a way to play and pause them like on Webos (from the lock screen I can control DrPodder and NaNplayer)

Came back to the pixi and if fixed everything my pre had wrong. Fast and good battery life in comparison to the pre.

Epic hardware is EPIC.. software.. not so much.

Be interesting to see where android takes itself with the next update. Webos's 2.0 looks like a good start.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I think the biggest problem WebOS has is that people have not tried it. I have both a Palm Pre and a Droid (my work phone, give you a few guesses where I work). To me there is no comparison I would take the Pre with the hardware problems over the Droid. My wife pretty much will not touch the Droid. I tried to explain to a friend of mine how much better the Pre is and to try it and he would not even think about it.

My Upgrade date is Jan 1 so I am hoping for something new before then, if not I will wait.

PJ
    Quote Originally Posted by pjr107 View Post
    I think the biggest problem WebOS has is that people have not tried it. I have both a Palm Pre and a Droid (my work phone, give you a few guesses where I work). To me there is no comparison I would take the Pre with the hardware problems over the Droid. My wife pretty much will not touch the Droid. I tried to explain to a friend of mine how much better the Pre is and to try it and he would not even think about it.

My Upgrade date is Jan 1 so I am hoping for something new before then, if not I will wait.

PJ
    It's funny Palm is in the same position Apple was in when they released the first version of OS X. People just wouldn't try it.

Now people know how capable OS X is and it is climbing again. Hopefully Palm won't need as long to get the word out there.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    ninja please! Do you ask every person who talks bad about android for photographic evidence that they own it?
    LOL!!! Let's not get that thread started again
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yep. Not just android. All platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Because most people here have <fake> thoughts on Android without even trying it. And I care, if I didn't I probably wouldn't have asked.
    Dude,

You would be surprised. I have a Droid 2, a BB curve, and a Pre. Not everyone who likes the Pre is a mindless fanchild. Sure there are some, but that is true on ALL platforms.

C
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/22/2010 at 10:25 PM. Reason: edited quoted text
    Its not just android. I'm starting to do that with all platforms now. Just making sure people actually used and owned the device before judging it so crucially.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Its not just android. I'm starting to do that with all platforms now. Just making sure people actually used and owned the device before judging it so crucially.
    That cool (and so are you if that's true). I don't like people who make the sweeping statements either. If you play it both ways, at least you are fair.

Usually out here it the Palm haters who feel compelled to make issues of everything. I expect as little boosterism on a fan site, but even then, the crazy outrageous claims are out of place, especially about other platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjr107 View Post

PJ
    I tried an Epic and I didn't like it either so I will keep my Evo and my Pre as a desk clock. I happen to like Android over webos. As much as I tried to get people I know to buy a webos phone I always get the same reaction...they would say it was nice but like everyone else that praises webos they always buy something else. The one person that got me into Android got a Pre and after two months with it he's ready to come to go back to Android next month. Its obvious that Android is selling well an webos is not for a reason other than hardware and apps. Just because you think Android sucks doesn't mean everyone that tries webos loves it and are willing to buy a Palm phone. One person said its not cool to own a Palm phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    That cool (and so are you if that's true). I don't like people who make the sweeping statements either. If you play it both ways, at least you are fair.

Usually out here it the Palm haters who feel compelled to make issues of everything. I expect as little boosterism on a fan site, but even then, the crazy outrageous claims are out of place, especially about other platforms.
    I'm not an android person either. It's a OS derived by google to bolster it's ad business and related services. It only has to be compelling enough to sell hardware that is supported by various manufacturers on their own terms. Is the EPIC 4g going to get gingerbread? Why should it? Samsung wants to sell you another phone. That's partly true for iOS and webOS as well as the hardware ages and cannot keep up with the experience due to hardware limitation, but they have a baseline standard of hardware and their lives are on the line if their ecosystems begins to fail. That iPhone 4 owners could point the finger at apple with rage over their antennas is a sign that they are doing it right.
    .,;-#$^***^$#-;,.

If only we could get the Pre's software on Androids Hardware
  15. AZ8
    200,000 android devices sold every day.

Android can't be "that" bad, can it?

I was waiting for the new Palm, but can't wait any longer. I will be buying an Android phone in the near future. Thats just the facts. Todays technology changes on a dime....you can't afford waiting 16 months if you wanna attract new customers...such as myself.
    Hey if you don't like it you don't like it. I'd be hard pressed to think there isn't one podcatcher app that has a lock screen control (seeing there are a bunch of mp3 player apps with lock screen support).

I'm in the opposite boat..i got the evo and my eyes opened up to all the things WebOS currently lacks. Sold my Pre and touch stone for $125 so i was happy with that, but my gf and I both have Evos now and while I enjoyed my time with WebOS....she could not wait to get rid of it. She's very happy with her Evo now. Things just work better...any advantage WebOS had with their task switcher motif is negated by the fact WebOS in its current form lags like all hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Hey if you don't like it you don't like it. I'd be hard pressed to think there isn't one podcatcher app that has a lock screen control (seeing there are a bunch of mp3 player apps with lock screen support).

I'm in the opposite boat..i got the evo and my eyes opened up to all the things WebOS currently lacks. Sold my Pre and touch stone for $125 so i was happy with that, but my gf and I both have Evos now and while I enjoyed my time with WebOS....she could not wait to get rid of it. She's very happy with her Evo now. Things just work better...any advantage WebOS had with their task switcher motif is negated by the fact WebOS in its current form lags like all hell.
    Hey if you can find a solution I'm all ears. I've tried. Even music player solutions are janky and don't all work (Epic4g)

Can't find a podcast app with the function..

Thread: Music control from the lock screen. - Android Forums
    Kinda get it working but new issues continue to arise...

Guy1: How do I get MP3 player on lockscreen?
    Guy2: If you use Lock 2.0 you can have your music controls on the lock screen.
    Guy1: Yes but you have to buy the full version to get the music controls.
    Guy3: Lock 2.0 and and other lock screen features are highly suspect. The reason is the sensitive nature of the functionality at the locked phone level. Likely this app is using a workaround that might disappear at a future date.

(How do I get MP3 player on lockscreen? - Android Forums)

Then look at the reviews.. sometimes it works and sometimes not.
    (Lock 2.0 - Limited Demo v2.5 Application for Android | Entertainment)
    (Lock 2.0 - Full - Android app on AppBrain)

And this still doesn't let me control the music while on others apps on the phone.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    No music player i have come across has pop up controls (which i do agree they shuold have) but I have Lithuim music player and the lock screen is awesome.

I also have an Evo and the Sense MP3 app has the best lock screen i've seen.

But honestly, i'm fine with no pop up controls because hte MP3 player actually works. My pre's mp3 player was terrible. Laggy, music would skip while multi-tasking, no gapless playback.

ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    200,000 android devices sold every day.

Android can't be "that" bad, can it?

I was waiting for the new Palm, but can't wait any longer. I will be buying an Android phone in the near future. Thats just the facts. Todays technology changes on a dime....you can't afford waiting 16 months if you wanna attract new customers...such as myself.
    how many PCs were sold every day running WindowsME? How many PCs were sold every day running Vista, or Windows 95?

It's amazing what people will buy.
    I had vista and had zero issues with it.

Only windows OS i hated was Windows ME...that was fundamentally broken and its not people going to decide to buy Windows ME more so it was coming on computers.

And lets not try to compare Windows ME to android....android you know, works.

ME would freeze at boot up ALLLLLLL the time.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast