1.    #1  
    Uh oh! I just got an e-mail from Verizon saying my number is due for an upgrade. I used my Moms (happy with current dumbphone) to get my Pre+ (BIG mistake).

The semi-good news for all of you boys is that I'm going to wait until the holiday season to see what HP has to offer. If it matches or exceeds the Android flagship then I might get it. Even though I'm tired of Verizon treating WebOS phones like crap and will probably go with Andrid 3.0.

I'm just so happy to know I'm not stuck to my Pre+ anymore!!!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/23/2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: language filter
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post

The semi-good news for all of you boys is that I'm going to wait until the holiday season to see what HP has to offer. !
    What would we do without you?!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/23/2010 at 01:15 AM. Reason: edited quoted text
    Look, my thing has always been, get the phone you want. If you want an Android, or even an iPhone, then go get it.

If you're willing to wait then I honestly believe that very good things will come to those that wait on WebOS.

But if you can't wait, or even if your just not willing to, then fine, go, be free. And don't feel guilt or shame or anger or anything. It's a phone. There are people on this planet who have nothing to eat. There are people on this... within your city, who struggle everyday to survive. Struggling with what cell phone to get is a blessed problem.

I'm not criticizing you. I'm not judging. If you're able to wait until Christmas, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. If not, you'll still be fine.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    for Gods sake don't do it. I am sitting with a samsung moment because they offered me to switch to it from my pre because it broke one to many times and I absolutely can't stand android. Everything is constantly turning it's self on in the background sucking up your ram and always asking you to choose a default browser, or saying what browser to you want to open this with? How about the browser I'm using right now! Maybe on a droid or evo or epic or something it might be alright since I haven't had a chance to use one of those, but my experience with android has been nothing but horrible wishing I had my pre back the whole time. And I'm no fan boy, the pre was my first palm phone. Hands down it's the best phone os though it just needs some more backing from developers and more open api's. The only thing I'm going to miss when I get my pre back is the voice stuff and google navigation. That's it. Anyway have fun if you go for an ansroid device.
    Samsung moment - mid tier device.

Evo or Epic....has none of the issues you described (yes if you have multiple browsers it'll ask what to open with..but you can set it as a default much like a PC)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    for Gods sake don't do it. I am sitting with a samsung moment because they offered me to switch to it from my pre because it broke one to many times and I absolutely can't stand android. Everything is constantly turning it's self on in the background sucking up your ram and always asking you to choose a default browser, or saying what browser to you want to open this with? How about the browser I'm using right now! Maybe on a droid or evo or epic or something it might be alright since I haven't had a chance to use one of those, but my experience with android has been nothing but horrible wishing I had my pre back the whole time. And I'm no fan boy, the pre was my first palm phone. Hands down it's the best phone os though it just needs some more backing from developers and more open api's. The only thing I'm going to miss when I get my pre back is the voice stuff and google navigation. That's it. Anyway have fun if you go for an ansroid device.
    Go to Android Central and see what the droid users are saying about their phones. It's unfortunate for you VZW users that you haven't had a good experience and some of it is attributed to the carrier instead of the device. Whenever I look back fondly @ my VZW experience, I run into one of your posts and realize that my switching to Sprint for the Pre was the right move.

Having said all that, go after a phone that works for you now. If you have a phone that isn't giving you a good experience, for whatever reason, change. You pay too much for a bad experience. It's easier for some of us to wait, because we aren't unhappy with our current experience; but if you are, there isn't any reason to wait.

I'm sitting pretty with my Pre and the ability to upgrade since 6/2010, but I'm not unhappy with my phone. Life's too short. Hp/Palm will be here (knock on wood) for your next upgrade.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Samsung moment - mid tier device.

Evo or Epic....has none of the issues you described (yes if you have multiple browsers it'll ask what to open with..but you can set it as a default much like a PC)
    okay it may be mid teir but ir runs at 800 mhz which my pre running at 800 makes the moment look stupid and I'm no ***** yes you can set the default browser but say I am using the normal browser that comes with the phone and I have opera mini or dolphin set as default but I want to just use the regular browser for say instance espn.com has some issues with clicking on game links in dolphin so I want to use the regular browser and I click on the link it automatically brings up dolphin instead of just using the browser I currently have open which only makes since. All I know is 800 mhz with 2.1 android stock or hacked and rommed it was a horrible experience so all i was trying to say is that if the new palm device has similar specs to evo or epic and such then I'm sure the palm device will be more enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Uh oh! I just got an e-mail from Verizon saying my number is due for an upgrade. I used my Moms (happy with current dumbphone) to get my Pre+ (BIG mistake).

The semi-good news for all of you boys is that I'm going to wait until the holiday season to see what HP has to offer. If it matches or exceeds the Android flagship then I might get it. Even though I'm tired of Verizon treating WebOS phones like crap and will probably go with Andrid 3.0.

I'm just so happy to know I'm not stuck to my Pre+ anymore!!!
    I sincerely hope you get to go over to the Android forum. Sounds like that will make everyone happy... on all sides.

No need to let us know how you are doing. We will assume you are happy. And we will be happy for you.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/23/2010 at 01:17 AM. Reason: edited quoted text
    Yeah nicholas, how dare you post in the cross platform section of precentral when talking about another platform compared to WebOS.

HOW DARE YOU.
    Nicholas has had some bad luck with the Pre's he's gotten, so being excited about an early-upgrade is totally understandable. It's cool that he's waiting to see if a new device comes out by the end of the year (we all hope one does). Good luck with whichever way you go - you deserve a stable device no matter what platform you end up on.
    Get a pixi. No issues pre has.

Try android though, let us know, I think you'll miss webos.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html