Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    WMPoweruser.com. No cut & paste, no multitasking, no CDMA, 8 GB memory (and no SD slot), 2 yo processor...

Not exactly competitive, is it?

As with all things Microsoft, should we skip versions 1 & 2?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    palms os has always been more intuitive than a windows phone os. I haven't seen the latest from windows but palms WebOs is just sleeker and easier to use than anything I've seen to date.
    Um this is one phone. One that is on the low end of the minimum specs.

Anyway, Widnows phone series 7 looks great.
    I don't understand why they wouldn't start out with the superphone. I get that there may be more high-end phones in the future. But the platform will be judged by the first one out of the gate.
    I agree - MS will take it slowly and they have the cash/patience. Very risky to rule them out - I think they remain one of the key players when consolidation/exits occur in a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    I agree - MS will take it slowly and they have the cash/patience. Very risky to rule them out - I think they remain one of the key players when consolidation/exits occur in a few years.

A lot of people keep dismissing Windows phone....but i think thats silly. I agree, MS doesn't need a knock out off the bat...but even then, the OS is the slickest, most presentable mobile OS version 1 I've seen since probably the iPhone.

I have an android device but the Bing maps responsiveness makes me jealous. Also i'm excited to see how developers work with Metro UI. So far i've seen some awesome looking apps that fit beautifully with the UI.
    I am having a really hard time finding one reason to get a windows phone over any other available smartphone now.

How can you release a phone without cut/paste after the years of criticism Apple took?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I am having a really hard time finding one reason to get a windows phone over any other available smartphone now.

How can you release a phone without cut/paste after the years of criticism Apple took?
    That's a valid question. Though from my understanding, there is going to be a share option that pastes an item to the clipboard so it can be utilized within another app.

It's not true copy/paste but webOS still hasn't fully-integrated copy/paste and it's been over a year. One can't simply copy a single word or even sentence from the web browser with webOS.
    I am, therefore I think
    the only problem with wp7 right now is that they don't have that flagship phone since they have all these companys making them they need something like the N1 for andriod.
    The vibe I get from WP7 is that it's UI is more text focused, as opposed to graphical focus which we see in the other OS's. I like that, it's different, and as long as it's easy navigate the OS, it will be at least mildly successful.

That being said, it won't beat webos for me. I already jumped to android, and Im kicking myself for it. Only thing android does better for me than webos, is maps.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Anyway, Widnows phone series 7 looks great.
    Is WP7 the Marmite of Mobile OS?

I keep seeing people post how good it looks; to me it looks like a Lego phone, or as if it's been designed for the elderly or partially sighted to use.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...