Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1.    #1  
    Is it just me or does most of the Android themes/icons just generally don't look all that appealing? I'm not sure what it is, but the little R2D2 wannabe and the lime green just don't do it for me. On that note, if they were going to 'steal' the 'droid' name from Lucas.... They should have stolen the 'real' R2D2 as well.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/20/2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: clarified title
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Is it just me or does most of the Android themes/icons just generally don't look all that appealing?
    It's not just you, but if you look at the market, you're in the minority here.

    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    ...if they were going to 'steal' the 'droid' name from Lucas.... They should have stolen the 'real' R2D2 as well.
    Two things:
    1. "They" did not "steal" it, "Droid" was licensed from Lucas
    2. Droid is NOT Android. It is a brand that Verizon is using for it's phones that are powered by Android. So by "they" you are only talking about Verizon and not Android/Google in general.
  3. #3  
    Not sure what this thread is getting at to be honest.
  4. #4  
    It isn't even lime green....it is more like baby puke green. My wife has an EVO, she want to know how to get rid of the little "android" smileys and replace them with really smileys. Personally, when looking at those little emoticons, i can't tell the difference between them.

    Is that where this thread is supposed to go?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Not sure what this thread is getting at to be honest.
    Let me translate: There's nothing going on in the WebOS world, and other, more successful platforms are sailing past us, so let's take potshots at them to feel better about ourselves.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Is it just me or does most of the Android themes/icons just generally don't look all that appealing? I'm not sure what it is, but the little R2D2 wannabe and the lime green just don't do it for me. On that note, if they were going to 'steal' the 'droid' name from Lucas.... They should have stolen the 'real' R2D2 as well.
    Clearly someone has no clue what they are talking about whether it's the wide range of available Android themes in the marketplace, the dozens of comprehensive icon sets, or the use of 'Droid' by Verizon in their marketing. I guess it should come as no surprise that theme availability, icon sets, and effective marketing campaigns would be a sore spot with a Palm Pre user.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    It isn't even lime green....it is more like baby puke green. My wife has an EVO, she want to know how to get rid of the little "android" smileys and replace them with really smileys. Personally, when looking at those little emoticons, i can't tell the difference between them.

    Is that where this thread is supposed to go?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Let me translate: There's nothing going on in the WebOS world, and other, more successful platforms are sailing past us, so let's take potshots at them to feel better about ourselves.
    lol to both of these responses.
  8. #8  
    and give me green smiley's or give me death!
  9.    #9  
    Let's just call it:
    1. early in the morning
    2. waiting to go to work
    3. flipping through themes on Preware
    4. looked at a whole bunch of Android themes
    5. in my opinion, they were pretty bland as compared to the hundreds of other themes out there that I've looked at
    6. not much going on in the threads
    7. wasn't starting an argument, was making an (my) observation
    8. never even seen an Android phone up close, so maybe don't even know what I'm talking about
    9. chill out.
    10. Last but certainly not least, love my phone, and all the cool ways I can change the way it looks(not to mention everything else)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    7. ...was making an (my) observation
    8. never even seen an Android phone up close...
    Studies show that combining those two points almost always result in threads like this.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Studies show that combining those two points almost always result in threads like this.
    hahaha

    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Let's just call it:
    1. early in the morning
    2. waiting to go to work
    3. flipping through themes on Preware
    4. looked at a whole bunch of Android themes
    5. in my opinion, they were pretty bland as compared to the hundreds of other themes out there that I've looked at
    6. not much going on in the threads
    7. wasn't starting an argument, was making an (my) observation
    8. never even seen an Android phone up close, so maybe don't even know what I'm talking about
    9. chill out.
    10. Last but certainly not least, love my phone, and all the cool ways I can change the way it looks(not to mention everything else)
    Word...the question is, have you seen some good android themes for android itself?






















    As you can see, just like jailbroken iPhones, just like prewared enabled WebOS devices....android can be any theme an artist comes up with.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    ...so maybe don't even know what I'm talking about.
    The truth comes out.
  13. #13  
    I'll add too....you don't even have to root to change your launcher in android.
  14.    #14  
    ok some cool themes there, I won't lie but in my opinion, I'm just not a fan of those green icons, that's all. I wasn't nasty to begin with, what did I say again? Oh ya ' not that appealing'..... How rude of me... Obviously there are people out there who think otherwise, which answers my question in the first place. Thanks for all who particiated, your survey cheque is in the mail
  15. #15  
    I have a Pre and an EVO. The Pre theme I developed was the iPhone Black Launcher theme. I think that the Pre and Android icons look like the work of a High School Computer Club. iPhone icons look professional to me. The black background makes it look like the phone flows into the icons.

    _

    This was just done with a wallpaper and switching out icons with FolderOrganizer, no rooting. The Bookmarjs, Tools, Media, Multimedia, Productivity, Reference, and Games icons are folders holding 140 apps. 3 taps to any from anywhere.

    There are a dozen home replacement apps like aHome, Panda Home, Better Home, etc. that let you do just about anything you want all without rooting. There is more in Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks.

    - Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 09/20/2010 at 06:55 PM.
  16. #16  
    ^^ I can vouch for it - looks great on a phone! I switch between this and glass effect. The icons look great and the black background makes the phone blend together really well.
  17. AZ8
    AZ8 is offline
    AZ8's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Let me translate: There's nothing going on in the WebOS world, and other, more successful platforms are sailing past us, so let's take potshots at them to feel better about ourselves.
    +1 Good post!
  18.    #18  
    milo, i've never thought about making my phone an iphone, never had the urge, until i saw your work there, great job
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Is it just me or does most of the Android themes/icons just generally don't look all that appealing?
    It's not you. Out-of-the-box Android is aesthetically as bad as it gets.
  20. #20  
    P
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    It's not you. Out-of-the-box Android is aesthetically as bad as it gets.
    HTC's come preloaded with the HTC Sense user interface that comes with 8 scenes (themes) that you pick from. They are really good. The example I did started with the Clean Scene. Likewise there is MotoBlur and Samsung Touchwiz.

    The new Android 3.0 Gingerbread due out this winter is being headed by the guy who did webOS and is to focus on UI.

    - Craig
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions