1.    #1  
    Like I've stated, and if you haven't seen it already check it out. MeeGo (Nokia and Intel's in development mobile OS has a "cards"-like multitasking system. At Palms pace, a truly nice MeeGo device will probably be out sooner. I've learned from being an early adopter though. If MeeGo is proven before October, I'll consider going for it. If not, I'm switching to Android if Palm doesn't fix any of the major issues with webOS.
    Yeah MeeGo is a competitive and attractive OS. Also now add to the fact that Palm's past VP of Design is now working at Nokia/MeeGo also:
    Nokia hires Peter Skillman, former Palm Design VP, as MeeGo user experience chief -- Engadget

To be honest I really want to check out MeeGo just because it looks like their UI is really something amazing.

I have yet to pass judgment wether is it better or worse than WebOS till I use it but it definitely looks like quite a competitor.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bends View Post
    Yeah MeeGo is a competitive and attractive OS. Also now add to the fact that Palm's past VP of Design is now working at Nokia/MeeGo also:
    Nokia hires Peter Skillman, former Palm Design VP, as MeeGo user experience chief -- Engadget

To be honest I really want to check out MeeGo just because it looks like their UI is really something amazing.

I have yet to pass judgment wether is it better or worse than WebOS till I use it but it definitely looks like quite a competitor.
    Yep, the Peter Skillman hire is definitely making it look more and more attractive. I think it would be the easiest OS to get used to coming from webOS. I really hope they have phones with it soon because I really want to check them out.
    Apple won becuase it was a great ui that was easy to use. webOS has built onto this to include a true multi tasking enviroment that is still a great ui and easy to use.

Meego, it looks inticing, but I see it as just another os in the market. Kinda like java. It has potential, but seems too cluttered. Preety for sure, but ehh.
    Well nokia is not afraid to copy. What if it turns out that the card system is the best and obvious way to multi-task. Will apple and android do it or will they be too proud to copy palm. I am sure they know that webos is pretty good and are thinking of ways to do the same or better. Then if they can't we will eventually see some kinda cards all over the place. Can't beat em join em
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    ... but I see it as just another os in the market. Kinda like java.
    Java is an OS now?