Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It's things like this that put the iPad in front of the pack: Sunday Ticket for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Support from big name companies providing awesome products like listed above.
    Itunes is way over priced, not for me, much better deals for music out there.
    I've never purchased a single thing from Itunes.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I've never downloaded, or even looked at iTunes. Quicktime made me hate Apple software on my PC. Keeping Quicktime from inserting itself all over the place was a chore. Extracting it back out when there was an update was a pain. When iTunes was released I did not want to add more crap to my PC so I've never downloaded it.
    What did the ipad win a prestigious award?

Looks like they can have there cake and eat it. Seriously football anywhere is always a good thing.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Really... Wow. I wish we lowly palm users could get such an ... Wait a minute... This app is available in the palm app catalog too.
    Yeah... OP might want to rethink his opening statement This is available to webOS too!

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...-sunday-ticket

As a matter of fact, it's available on almost every platform. Does iPad still win?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/10/2010 at 08:12 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yeah... OP might want to rethink his opening statement This is available to webOS too!

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...-sunday-ticket

As a matter of fact, it's available on almost every platform. Does iPad still win?
    I didn't realize that the Pre and iPad fell in the same market.

All of you were quick to compare this to the Pre, which doesn't really relate. My case is, with the support through third parties that Apple gets for its devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.) is reason why they're on top.

With all the tablets (primarily Android) coming out, what sets them apart from things like this? I'm a diehard football fan that travels a lot. Having the ability to watch every game (even four games simultaneously) in its entirety on a 10" device in HD no matter where I am makes me ecstatic.
    Last edited by barkerja; 09/10/2010 at 08:35 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by birchasr View Post
    Really... Wow. I wish we lowly palm users could get such an ... Wait a minute... This app is available in the palm app catalog too.
    Owning an iPad belittles Pre owners?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    I've never downloaded, or even looked at iTunes. Quicktime made me hate Apple software on my PC. Keeping Quicktime from inserting itself all over the place was a chore. Extracting it back out when there was an update was a pain. When iTunes was released I did not want to add more crap to my PC so I've never downloaded it.
    Huh? This has nothing to do with iTunes (other than the method of download), and this is free with NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I didn't realize that the Pre and iPad fell in the same market.
    Ok... we can talk computers... this app is available to every computer on the market (including every other 'pad' or 'tablet' style device with internet access). Still not much of a 'win'.
  12.    #12  
    Ok... we can talk computers... this app is available to every computer on the market (including every other 'pad' or 'tablet' style device with internet access). Still not much of a 'win'.
    Again, you're talking different markets. Show me another tablet that has this app.
    Dude.. it's a web-app. Read up on it on the DirecTV site. Just because they packaged it into a standalone icon (iTunes mini-app) that accesses the web-app doesn't make it ground breaking or different than what is available to every other computer on the market.

Great example of this type of "app" is the 'new' Bank of America app for webOS, Android, iPad, etc. It is exactly the same web interface except they created a mini-app that accesses that web-app that has been around. It's just packaged as an easy to access app icon to make it quick to get to. Nothing new
  14.    #14  
    Dude.. it's a web-app. Read up on it on the DirecTV site. Just because they packaged it into a standalone icon (iTunes mini-app) that accesses the web-app doesn't make it ground breaking or different than what is available to every other computer on the market.

Great example of this type of "app" is the 'new' Bank of America app for webOS, Android, iPad, etc. It is exactly the same web interface except they created a mini-app that accesses that web-app that has been around. It's just packaged as an easy to access app icon to make it quick to get to. Nothing new
    No it's not.

Every device across the board is native on its respective platform. There is no "web app". I'm familiar with what a web app is and how Bank of America's mobile applications work (a webview inside of a native app).

The web app that DirecTV does provide for computers is flash based. Last time I checked iOS, WebOS, etc. don't support flash.
    Ok... I apologize... I forgot that Apple doesn't support Flash and was simply thinking in generic terms of what devices can access this service. In that case, I can still access this exact same service from every one of my computers... without the need of an native application. If we are talking about tablet devices - then iPad will need the app. If an Android tablet supports Flash, they can get it to without an app (just bookmark it).

No matter what direction you want to look.. the fact is that almost every computer on the market now gets NFL Sunday Ticket.
    OP, you gotta try this again. You have to say This is why iPad wins: Top 100 best iPad apps | News | TechRadar UK
    Best free iPad apps - Pocket-lint
    Best iPad Apps List 2010

Round 2: fight!
    I have a 52 inch plasma tv with the same feed, why the hell would I watch it on an ipad? the ipad is a gimmick. Apple has been doing so much marketing for it because it really doesn't have a market share, and they are trying to force it down our throat like its as good as an iphone.
    i had an pad that i paid $705 dollars for.. after about a week i returned it.. didn't even have a facebook app specifically for ipad... yes i could have used the website... BUT my mentallity is... YES THERE IS AN APP FOR THAT. Either way i took it back and got a macbook pro 13". I have to say the hardware for iPad is 100% awesome feels great and solid... software.... sucks. Not as many iPad apps as you would think and when running an iPhone app it actually runs in the same size as an iPhone. And no multitasking made the zillow app (great app) almost useless.

Again my needs were a little different so i returned it, and didn't look back. Macbook is great my mom loves it's simplicity and with HDMI + audio out.. backlit keyboard it's a pretty nice machine. Def overpriced but it is what it is. An intel i5 is almost $2,000.00!
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Def overpriced but it is what it is. An intel i5 is almost $2,000.00!
    Intel i5 laptops are in the $700 - $900 range. I just bought an Envy 17 i7 for $1,530. 8 gigs of memory, dual hard drives, DVD burner that plays Blu-Ray, 17.3" screen.

(2nd time I've replied to a posting that doesn't fit the topic. :/ Sorry.)
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    Intel i5 laptops are in the $700 - $900 range. I just bought an Envy 17 i7 for $1,530. 8 gigs of memory, dual hard drives, DVD burner that plays Blu-Ray, 17.3" screen.

(2nd time I've replied to a posting that doesn't fit the topic. :/ Sorry.)
    exactly... Apple - Mac - Which MacBook is right for you? - Comparison Chart 15" Apple i5 $1800 and $2000 for each flavor. I'd rather get what you got and throw ubuntu on it with a sun virtubox running windows... but sometimes its good to get my mom what she wants... she did keep me alive while i was an infant.

but back to origional post... why apple is at the front of the pack. They are def at front of pack.... on pricing. BUT their hardware is top notch, can't say otherwise.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast