Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The big come to Jesus moment everyone is going to have is when they realize a device with even a selection of the features on your list 1) make it a different, heavier device with a smaller battery (different pupose) and 2) increase the price..by a lot.

Not that there is not a use for a heavier, more featured device that costs more, only they've let Apple define the space so far so they need to create their own space to justify the differences.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I confess. I too am reconsidering an ipad. All the following are so distasteful...

I don't like windows.

I don't like multitasking.

I don't like flash.

I don't like tabs.

I don't like Office or most business apps.

I don't like printing.

I don't like USB ports.

I don't like a lot of storage.

I don't like importing or exporting data easily.

I don't like creating content.

I don't like HDMI out.

I don't like typing quickly using a real kb.

I don't like cameras or webcam.

I don't like OTA updates.

I don't like reading outside.

I don't like high resolution screens.

I don't like proper HD.

I don't like owning media that can used on other devices as well.

I don't like just owning one but need a 3.5" version that does the same thing.

I used to own a laptop but then I realized I didn't really do anything that required one. All i needs is my ipod phone and my bigger ipod not phone. But i really can't wait to see a Palmpad. I hope they know what i don't like..
    It's not a matter of not liking what you listed above, but a matter of stepping outside the box and realizing that a majority of what is listed is often never needed/used on the device(s) that you currently own.

I had my reservations before owning the iPad (after it was announced) and often thought "how limiting of a device". It's not until after owning one and actually using it do you realize how untrue that actually is. You just change how you do things, how things will probably be done in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    It's not a matter of not liking what you listed above, but a matter of stepping outside the box and realizing that a majority of what is listed is often never needed/used on the device(s) that you currently own.

I had my reservations before owning the iPad (after it was announced) and often thought "how limiting of a device". It's not until after owning one and actually using it do you realize how untrue that actually is. You just change how you do things, how things will probably be done in the future.
    I owned one for about a month.

I could ride a bicycle 20mi to and from work and try to think outside the box and cope with the limitations but i think i'll drive my car instead.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I owned one for about a month.

I could ride a bicycle 20mi to and from work and try to think outside the box and cope with the limitations but i think i'll drive my car instead.
    Think of the polar bears!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234