Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. tngirly's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
       #1  
    someone talk me out of it...
  2. #2  
    Two words, Blackberry OS.

    Ok, one word and an acronym, but you get the point.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  3. tngirly's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
       #3  
    I have a Pre right now so the hardware is pretty similar
  4. #4  
    It's a BB dude. What more can we say?

    As a Canuck I can't help but have a soft-spot for RIM but OS 6 was supposed to be this huge amazing thing that was going to change/completely modernize BB and it didn't. The BlackBerry OS model, with a server sitting in between your phone and the rest of the world, was necessary/instrumental in BBs success back in the day. Now it's holding it back.

    webOS has a bright exciting future, BB (at this point) doesn't.

    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  5. #5  
    crappy screen, doesn't run webOS, runs on AT&T only.

    those three would be all I'd need to say no.

    if I was forced to have a blackberry and AT&T, I'd get the Torch. Otherwise, not so much.

    Remember: It's not a evolutionary leap, it's more like a triple Axel - but the skater fell.
  6. #6  
    to me all it would take is this: AT&T
  7. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #7  
    Not knocking BB too much here - they are the best at email and overall the UI isn't too shabby. Its no WebOS though. However the Torch's UI is sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow!
    I exaggerate a little, its not too bad (think Pre running 600Mhz) but it is no speed demon.

    Oh I almost forgot...+1 on AT&T
  8. licotto's Avatar
    Posts
    471 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #8  
    they tried to make the new OS look like webOS...and failed!!! the blackberry UI's are so slow -they can't seem to make it USABLE on a touchscreen!!!

    Why switch to a BB now when HP & Palm are on the cusp of releasing webOS 2.0 & new hardware?!?!?

    If you switch now, you WILL regret it...and you WILL be back!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tngirly View Post
    I have a Pre right now so the hardware is pretty similar
    Right. So the question really is ... why would you want to switch? Similar hardware (even the processor is not better than a 1 yr old Pre), and I think webOS still is better than the newer Blackberry OS. Are you just jonesing for new hardware . I'd give Palm another few weeks to see if there's something coming ... but that's just me.
  10. #10  
    Had one, took it back and exchanged due to hardware problems. Took the second one back. Our local WalMart said every one they had sold had been returned.
    Mike
  11. #11  
    If you really want it don't listen to anyone else your the one that has to use the phone...just buy it try and return it if you don't like it. That is the only way to to be sure...your on a Pre website so naturally they'll be bias toward the Pre. I have a Evo also and I love it...its now my main phone and if I listened to anyone else I would have never known. Take everyones advice in consideration but try it you got 30 days to return it...just because they didn't like it don't mean you won't.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by tngirly View Post
    someone talk me out of it...
    No reason at all. Go ahead and enjoy it... I'm sure these forums will never be the same without you
  13. #13  
    It doesn't have the OS like Webos.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    If you really want it don't listen to anyone else your the one that has to use the phone...just buy it try and return it if you don't like it. That is the only way to to be sure...your on a Pre website so naturally they'll be bias toward the Pre. I have a Evo also and I love it...its now my main phone and if I listened to anyone else I would have never known. Take everyones advice in consideration but try it you got 30 days to return it...just because they didn't like it don't mean you won't.
    that's true unless your criteria is for a high resolution display and for it to run on a carrier besides AT&T.

    If you know AT&T is a deal killer, then you already know it's a bad idea.
  15. #15  
    I don't know. This seems like a pretty strange post to me. If you are asking people to talk you out of something, it's likely you already feel you shouldn't do that thing in the first place. I say the number one reason you shouldn't do it is because you already believe you shouldn't. You likely won't give it a fair chance even if you do try it, so why bother? I would love to say just try it and see, but, like I've said, your post leads me to believe you've already made a decision about the device.
  16. ahitz's Avatar
    Posts
    412 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    If you really want it don't listen to anyone else your the one that has to use the phone...just buy it try and return it if you don't like it. That is the only way to to be sure...your on a Pre website so naturally they'll be bias toward the Pre. I have a Evo also and I love it...its now my main phone and if I listened to anyone else I would have never known. Take everyones advice in consideration but try it you got 30 days to return it...just because they didn't like it don't mean you won't.
    Your point about trying it is valid, but the EVO was (is still) leading-edge hardware with a modern OS which has since been updated to an even better version (Froyo). The Torch is outdated hardware (on par with the Pre at best) running a catch-up OS that didn't catch up, and is limited to the Blackberry architecture.

    Unless you need that Blackberry architecture, I just can't see paying full price or using up your upgrade pricing on a Torch right now.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    ...This seems like a pretty strange post to me....
    This is a somewhat common thread topic....the hardware varies.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  18. noahisaac's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #18  
    Not knocking BB too much here - they are the best at email and overall the UI isn't too shabby
    Every time I have to use blackberry OS, it takes 10 times longer than I think it should to do a given task, and I end up extremely frustrated (and I'm a pretty patient, low-key guy). It's just my opinion, of course, but I find their UI to be quite shabby. Definitely the worst of all the smartphone UIs.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    This is a somewhat common thread topic....the hardware varies.
    The title maybe. But this poster is simply saying "talk me out of it". Maybe its just a thread to get people to rag on the torch. I don't know.
  20. #20  
    First and foremost, do you need a BB for work? If so, consider it, but I think the 9700 is still pretty decent.

    If you don't need a BB for work, then I'd say consider all your options carefully.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions