1.    #1  
    Ok, I am a phone junkie. I have used everything out there. I used the Pre Plus on Verizon and AT&T.
    I currently have the Droid X. I have this strange unexplainable urge to switch, yet again, to the Pre. The things in the past that turned me off about the pre was:
    General sluggishness
    Notifications and ringtones
    Lack of apps

I LOVED:
    Calendar, email, messaging, etc...

H E L P ! ! !
    I am unsure about switching back to it. The hardware is okay, I dont care too much for the small keyboard, but the OS makes up for that to me.
    Any thoughts?
    Wait another month or so... there will be new hardware or new hardware announced... I say 100% wait.
    I don't know about next month... Who Knows, the way things going right now ~ it may or not be anytime this year. As for the OP questions and concerns, we have taken care of that sluggishness as you call it with overclocking the cpu to double the factory 500mhz. We also have a lot more apps than before. I've never type better than any keyboard like this. (IMHO) Notifications & Ringtones are awesome. Things are a lot better than before.
  4.    #4  
    Well, I just signed on with Verizon about two weeks ago. I got the Droid X for $199.99 on contract. I can take it back, get my money back, and get the Pre for free. I can then invest in the Web OS and be ready for when the new OS/Hardware comes out.
    I just do not want to invest in a dying platform.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    I don't know about next month... Who Knows, the way things going right now ~ it may or not be anytime this year. As for the OP questions and concerns, we have taken care of that sluggishness as you call it with overclocking the cpu to double the factory 500mhz. We also have a lot more apps than before. I've never type better than any keyboard like this. (IMHO) Notifications & Ringtones are awesome. Things are a lot better than before.
    By overclocking, does it kill the battery? I had trouble with the battery on it before hand. I hate to think how bad it will be overclocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsquare2112 View Post
    By overclocking, does it kill the battery? I had trouble with the battery on it before hand. I hate to think how bad it will be overclocked.
    The OS efficiency hasn't been improved significantly so count on even shorter battery life. Also, even with the CPU over-clocked, you'll still get those inexplicable, random pauses while using the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    The OS efficiency hasn't been improved significantly so count on even shorter battery life. Also, even with the CPU over-clocked, you'll still get those inexplicable, random pauses while using the phone.
    On the contrary, my sprint pre is overclock to 1ghz ~and my batt life is no less than stock. The operating system efficiency seems to have improve a lot with overclocking. Inexplicable pauses may be cause by your phone, I've yet to experience such happenings. Some phones are not capable of sustaining an overclock kernal. Each individual result vary.
    On the contrary, my sprint pre is overclock to 1ghz ~and my batt life is no less than stock. The operating system efficiency seems to have improve a lot with overclocking. Inexplicable pauses may be cause by your phone, I've yet to experience such happenings. Some phones are not capable of sustaining an overclock kernal. Each individual result vary.
    In your first sentence: What is the "stock" battery life? Is there a measure for this? Are you saying it's what Palm posts as the 'official" battery life for the Pre?

Your second sentence describes a physical impossibility. A faster clock simply makes the inefficient OS run at a faster clock speed. It's still not efficient.

Your third sentence may be true for you, but is not true for many who have posted about it on these forums

Your fourth sentence, by itself, is a true statement.

The last sentence, while only a simple platitude, would be hard to deny.

Summary: To tsquare2112 - your battery life will suffer even more with over-clocking. It may not be unexpectedly worse, but it will be measurably worse. In the world of science, you don't get something for nothing. If you had trouble with the Pre's battery life before, you're not going to be any happier with it after over-clocking.
    In your first sentence: What is the "stock" battery life? Is there a measure for this? Are you saying it's what Palm posts as the 'official" battery life for the Pre?

{You obviously manage to take what I said referring to stock out of context. Reading requires understanding. I used the the word stock as in batt usage before overclocking. Yes, there are a lot of ways to find out if your batt is draining faster from overclocking, or anything else. If that's what you're asking. I'm not saying anything about what palm did or didn't post about battery life. All I know is my battery life suck before overclocking..and it's the same, or a little better for me since I overclock.}

Your second sentence describes a physical impossibility. A faster clock simply makes the inefficient OS run at a faster clock speed. It's still not efficient.
    {I believe in what I see, not theory. Nothing is impossible in the world of technology.}

Your third sentence may be true for you, but is not true for many who have posted about it on these forums.
    {That may be true, but something else could be causing their problems. Most have had problems before even overclocking. As I said before, no problem here.}

Your fourth sentence, by itself, is a true statement.
    {Thank You.}

The last sentence, while only a simple platitude, would be hard to deny.
    {You Think}very obvious remark.

Have a nice day... Kupe > ^_^
    Nothing is impossible in the world of technology.
    So how is that Perendev Motor working for you, Mr. Technology?
    Ok, back on topic. Does the preware have the overclock stuff I need? I just bought one at a steal, and will be picking it up tonight.
    I never really had a problem getting 8 hours out of the battery before, I charge my phone every night, so as long as it can go from 8 to 10 I will be good. I can charge it during the day at my desk if need be.
    Quote Originally Posted by jay2112 View Post
    Ok, back on topic. Does the preware have the overclock stuff I need? I just bought one at a steal, and will be picking it up tonight.
    I never really had a problem getting 8 hours out of the battery before, I charge my phone every night, so as long as it can go from 8 to 10 I will be good. I can charge it during the day at my desk if need be.
    You mean the overclock kernels > Yes. In preware there are several different types of kernel to choose from. (Recommended Kernels) Uberkernal ~ F102A Delta Dagger. The others are in beta testing.
    for me... depending on what/how you overclock it doesn't make the battery worse... and with the screenstates (meaning when the screen is off.. the phone winds down to lower clock speed) it helps to not completely kill your batttery. But i promise you if you leave AIM on... your battery will be gone in a few hours LoL

If you want your $200 back AND a FREE WiFi mobile hotspot... get the Pre. As Far as HP and the "NEW" Palm phone.. they have been working on a phone for almost 2 years!! they better have something sooner then later.. my guess is a thanksgiving unit and a holiday push!!!