Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think this is an excellent article, supporting what I have said all along - Apple's Marketing Department is run by geniuses. They have set the bar, they have captizlied on brand name marketing, they get as much free public marketing which stokes demand.

We buy Ipods for our kids to listen to music, then they want an Iphone, now they can continue with the Ipad, who is looking to rent and download college textbooks. It is wrapping a new generation into their web.

The author goes on some tangents, but the point is its not just the purchse price, its the accessories - protectors, app costs, app advertising, and Itunes stores. How many people pay $.99 for songs, movies, and now ATT Uverse vs using free online vendors such as Limewire. THis is an ever increasing revenue line for them, which ups the bottom line of what it costs to use an i product.

Brilliant marketing strategy, you can't cost analyze it, its small incremental costs, but multiply that by the magnitude of people who purchase the i products then buy these. They are locked in and loving it.

Its the best marketing strategy out there, its the American way.

So quit bashing, read the article as its meant, not exactly as written. Its what I have said all along, one of the reasons I don't have any, even though I wish I did. I want an Iphone for the ease of use, the apps, and the many things it can do that my Pre doesnt. I almost jumped ship for the 4 until I realized the total costs, things this article discusses. Therefore, I am happy with my Pre, which operates great, just not the toys I wish it had = cool apps that are useful, music player (can't use mine, headsets break my phone too much), saving money with Sprint vs ATT.

Editorial, no just comments without bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I think this is an excellent article, supporting what I have said all along - Apple's Marketing Department is run by geniuses. They have set the bar, they have captizlied on brand name marketing, they get as much free public marketing which stokes demand.
    I find it sinister how you managed to slip the phrase "genius bar" into the first 2 sentences of a single paragraph like we wouldn't catch it. OK Steve Jobs - you're busted! Enough of your subliminal marketing plan!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12