Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by omniwolf1 View Post
    The battery only lasting a half a day might be a dealbreaker for me. Is there some extended life battery you can get for the Pre Plus to make the battery life better?
    Yes there is. Plan on stretching your pocket out a little bit though:

I am still up in the air between sticking with blackberry and going to Palm. I've never bought a phone off ebay and I just don't want to get ripped off. If I do buy one on ebay, should I go for a Pre (minus) or Pre plus?
    It should depend on which carrier you plan to use with your Pre. Pre+ CDMA = Verizon. Pre+ GSM = AT&T. Straight Pre = Sprint.
  2.    #22  
    I have verizon so thats why I was considering waiting for the Pre Plus 2 (if thats what its called). From what I've read on this web site that phone will be announced in the next couple of weeks and will be released around holiday time. Is this correct?

I have the Storm2 now but it looks like its going to be well into 2011 before a significant upgraded Storm will be released and I don't think I want to wait that long. Also, Blackberry is falling so far behind the game as far as OS and specifications. My storm2 only has 256 mb of memory and therefore that is not going to get the next major OS upgrade. How lame is that on a phone that is 10 months old?

And the web browser is so pathetic on my storm2 that loading precentral.net is pure agony in wait time.
    I have verizon so thats why I was considering waiting for the Pre Plus 2 (if thats what its called). From what I've read on this web site that phone will be announced in the next couple of weeks and will be released around holiday time. Is this correct?
    There's certainly a lot of the speculation on this site, but officially is no scheduled announcement at this time nor is there an announced release date.
    From what I've read on this web site that phone will be announced in the next couple of weeks and will be released around holiday time. Is this correct?
    It is pure speculation based on the fact that the holidays are a popular time for releasing things like new phones and HP/Palm has said that webOS 2.0 will be out before the end of the year, and it is reasonable to assume that webOS 2.0 and the next device will hit the market around the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
  5.    #25  
    Good information so far. Can anyone else give me some good insight into Blackberry vs. Palm?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12