I'm with the guys on the A|C podcast. I could use a Tablet but I will not sign a contract for one. I don't want one that's tied to a carrier. Give me a WiFi-only option or a reasonable full price and I'll consider it.
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    I'm with the guys on the A|C podcast. I could use a Tablet but I will not sign a contract for one. I don't want one that's tied to a carrier. Give me a WiFi-only option or a reasonable full price and I'll consider it.
    I don't think you'll have to sign a contract to get it. Before the whole Sprint model info came out it wasn't linked to any carrier. That would be a terrible decision to sell it only through a carrier. I see it more as Samsung selling a model that has a 4G/3G chip that can use Sprint data service. Kind of like what the iPad 3G model does for AT&T.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    Lets just hope it has more than 8 hours battery life or FAIL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Lets just hope it has more than 8 hours battery life or FAIL.
    Yes, please let it have reasonable battery life. I have the New Trent ultra-pack IMP880 8900mAh External Battery for extended use of my electronics...but I'm not getting a product that requires me to use that just to get through a normal day of normal use (not including many hours of movie viewing or anything like that).
    There's one already available exactly what you described. It's called an iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    There's one already available exactly what you described. It's called an iPad.
    When there are more than one in the market, I'll compare them all and get what "I" need. If it's the iPad, then I have no problem with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mnotar91 View Post
    I don't think you'll have to sign a contract to get it. Before the whole Sprint model info came out it wasn't linked to any carrier. That would be a terrible decision to sell it only through a carrier. I see it more as Samsung selling a model that has a 4G/3G chip that can use Sprint data service. Kind of like what the iPad 3G model does for AT&T.
    I have not heard anything about "having" to sign a contract. What I have heard is that due to pricing, you will want to sign a contract as the thing is much more expensive than an iPad. People fail to appreciate how big the announcement of the iPad's price was. There is a reason all the iPad killers were stillborn. Think about the unsubsidized price of a phone. Now, upsize that to 7" or more. Rewrite the software and pay developers to write for it. Now, how much does it cost. Apparantly, in the case of the GT, too much.

When there are more than one in the market, I'll compare them all and get what "I" need. If it's the iPad, then I have no problem with that.
    You might be convinced you're telling the truth, but I'm not. So, you are saying that if Palm had put out a killer pad that was so good, it stopped the industry in its tracks for a half a year, sold like crazy, and had nothing but positive reviews and high customer satisfaction, you would have just waited to see what Apple would produce before you made a decision? Really? I think it more likely you are waiting for something as good as the iPad to come along without an Apple logo.
    LOL, why do I have to convince you of anything again? I missed that part. [written on my 17" MacBook Pro, complete with apple logo]
    You don't have to convince me of anything. It would be helpful if you made statements that actually made sense and were believable. You say you are waiting on another tablet so that you have something for comparison. JooJoo. Done. There are a handful of Android tablets on the market already. Go nuts. There are the convertible tablets that have been on the market for some time. There are at least a couple of new ones as of this year.

The Galaxy Tab has been revealed and previewed. Better save your pennies. You already have plenty of tablets to choose from. You just don't like any of them. The iPad still wins, so you are going to keep waiting until something better comes along. Seems like what you want is an iPad with a different logo. That may not be the case. But that is the impression you left.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    You don't have to convince me of anything. It would be helpful if you made statements that actually made sense and were believable. You say you are waiting on another tablet so that you have something for comparison. JooJoo. Done. There are a handful of Android tablets on the market already. Go nuts. There are the convertible tablets that have been on the market for some time. There are at least a couple of new ones as of this year.

The Galaxy Tab has been revealed and previewed. Better save your pennies. You already have plenty of tablets to choose from. You just don't like any of them. The iPad still wins, so you are going to keep waiting until something better comes along. Seems like what you want is an iPad with a different logo. That may not be the case. But that is the impression you left.
    After re-reading your post, I've decided to delete my responses to you because they are a waste of time (and you seem to just want to argue with someone). Feel free to continue telling me what I need/want however...since you know me so well. Thanks.
    Feel free to continue telling me what I need/want however...since you know me so well. Thanks.
    I think I must have missed something. Sorry about that. In an earlier post, you said you were waiting for something in addition to the iPad to come out. You would then compare them all and pick the one that was best, even if it is the iPad. Either you were not aware that such comparisons could already be made, or you didn't really mean what you said. I don't know you. I only know what you write in your public posts on a discussion board about tech.