Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

The above commercial sets the bar at what Palm should of done from the beginning. Palm would have probably sold twice as many phones if they had this type of mindset with their advertising! Gets the point across of what the OS is capable of without being too flashy. I think I even like this better than the Droid commercials as it actually shows a full demo of the phone and not just a stupid EYE looking at us. Palm please wake up on your next device with 2.0 and advertise the hell out of it with a commercial like the one above but with the genius and elegance of webOS!
    Just goes to prove commercials are in the eye of the beholder. I've seen that commercial many times, and every time I see it I am annoyed. There is something about the flow and feel of it that makes me change the channel now... (and NO it isn't because there are card slide shots like the webOS)... just something about it that I find incredibly annoying. Honestly, I think its the graphics. Perhaps I had a bad encounter with a lit class long ago and that book (same reason I can't stand Romeo and Juliet <shakes fist at memory of Mrs. Ryan>)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Just goes to prove commercials are in the eye of the beholder. I've seen that commercial many times, and every time I see it I am annoyed. There is something about the flow and feel of it that makes me change the channel now... (and NO it isn't because there are card slide shots like the webOS)... just something about it that I find incredibly annoying. Honestly, I think its the graphics.
    I'm not sure what it is either. I find the commercial just so-so. I think I'm bothered with the speed of it. We all know there's no way that phone can respond at those speeds so it just looks fake. Even though I know the iPhone ads are also faster-than-real-time, they at least seem plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Perhaps I had a bad encounter with a lit class long ago and that book (same reason I can't stand Romeo and Juliet <shakes fist at memory of Mrs. Ryan>)
    WRONG!! Her name was Miss Searcy!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I agee, it was slightly annoying. Mainly the speed of the commercial showing so many things the Torch does. Palm should do a commercial that is all silent(no melody, no music). Just have the sound of the new phone heard. Even the whooosh sound of closing the apps should be heard. And in real time show the world what WebOS can do. (last part of the commercial close all the apps-bout 10. So you can hear whoosh whoosh whoosh .... whoosh).Then Palm/ HP sign. The end.
    I didn't think it was that bad and it seems fairly obvious to me that everything is "sped up" in order to show numerous features (which I think it does a good job of).

I'm not sure it "sets the bar" but a commercial similar to this may show some of the strengths of webOS.

This seems like a commercial more fit for a lobby/carrier store than TV.
    I liked it. Nice commercial.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    It's a very good example of what the phone can do, even if the execution is slighly annoying. At least someone learned from Palm's screwup.
    Here's hoping Palm uses HP's marketing team and never their own. Never again...

--MGb

Ever.

Ever
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbmusic View Post
    here's hoping palm uses hp's marketing team and never their own. Never again...

--mgb

ever.

Ever

.....ever....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    I think it's kind of late to be talkin commercials for the pre it has ran it's course.. I think palm knows they messed up in that department jus hope they get it right with pre2...
    And with all due respect to Blackberry, the commercial isn't going to help a phone that many feel is not competitive with next gen offerings from Apple and Google.

It's a nice commercial. But what Palm needs next is to put out a great phone.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    And with all due respect to Blackberry, the commercial isn't going to help a phone that many feel is not competitive with next gen offerings from Apple and Google.

It's a nice commercial. But what Palm needs next is to put out a great phone.
    It will look pretty amazing to someone who doesn't know anything about the technical differences and knows someone else with a blackberry (so they can use BBM). Most people don't know or care that it is underpowered. I played with one briefly in a store the other day and it was 100% smooth, snappy and responsive. I don't know what other reasons most people would have for buying a phone.
  13.    #13  
    I think the fact that Moby is being played in this commercial is what made me enjoy it. I love my Moby lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbmusic View Post
    Here's hoping Palm uses HP's marketing team and never their own. Never again...

--MGb

Ever.

Ever
    is HP any good at advertising? Honestly i can't think of an HP commercial that's that memorable. Not that i've been keeping track of commericals.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    is HP any good at advertising? Honestly i can't think of an HP commercial that's that memorable. Not that i've been keeping track of commericals.
    I actually like this commercial by HP because of the unexpected celebrity:

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    'image sequences shorted' clearly printed in size 4 font.
    Palm prē-ist.
    I think the commercial is oddly similar to the one that some student made about a month or so ago. It featured someone at their workdesk working when an instant message came in pushing the time back and hour for dinner. I think RIM kinda stole that kid's idea imo....or vice versa
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    I actually like this commercial by HP because of the unexpected celebrity:

it's ok. not sure it's that memorable but hey not bad. better then creepy girl and moms thatls for sure. they got a bunch with rappers which is at least more ambitious then a lot of Palm efforts. Sure they cost money. Totally unrelated but while looking up HP commercials, i saw a Jay-z commercial. then saw a link to this one. now this is a sick commercial not related to hp. i just like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    it's ok. not sure it's that memorable but hey not bad. better then creepy girl and moms thatls for sure. they got a bunch with rappers which is at least more ambitious then a lot of Palm efforts. Sure they cost money.
    Bunch of rappers? Dr. Dre is one of the most accomplished producers ever to work in the music business. The "Beats" brand belongs to him. He's not some random celebrity they threw a lot of money at to appear in a commercial. And he's definitely not "a rapper" or "bunch of rappers". They licensed his product. No different than laptops bragging about Harmon Kardon audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Bunch of rappers? Dr. Dre is one of the most accomplished producers ever to work in the music business. The "Beats" brand belongs to him. He's not some random celebrity they threw a lot of money at to appear in a commercial. And he's definitely not "a rapper" or "bunch of rappers". They licensed his product. No different than laptops bragging about Harmon Kardon audio.
    "Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say
    But nothin comes out when they move they lips
    Just a buncha gibberish
    And 'idiots' act like they forgot about Dre"
    -Eminem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast