Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    I'm unconvinced that, long term, the tablet format will be more than a niche market, like 3d TV.
    ...and microwave ovens, and home computers, and digital music?
    Last edited by Kupe; 09/06/2010 at 12:29 PM.
    I don't think I could go back to a UI without rounded corners. It would feel like i was taking a step back, even though it's just a cosmetic thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    I don't think I could go back to a UI without rounded corners. It would feel like i was taking a step back, even though it's just a cosmetic thing.
    Yeah, I couldn't go back to using anything with less GBs, the WiFis or MPs, not to mention the fact I need the 4Gs. ROFL
  4.    #24  
    Well, Peter Skillman is now in charge of MeeGo, so I'd say it's now REAL competition. You might all know Skillman as former VP of Design and User Experience at Palm. Yep, he was in charge of the best parts of WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike77 View Post
    WebOSs competition is its own horrible device naming and marketing. As stupid as it is, people would rather have a phone with the name Epic, DROID, DROID X, iPhone, a Bold, a Storm, Tour instead of a pre or pixi. We all know WebOS is good, hardware on pre is a bit suspect but with overclocking it performs really well. The original pre commercials were terrible and embarrising.

hpPalm needs to develop good hardware, name and market it correctly and continue to delvelop WebOS to succeed.
    Incoming: Palm iPaq.
    Meego looks nice, but it's hard to imagine that it will catch on in the u.s. With nokias basically non-existant mindshare. One thing Palm had ging for them when webos was introduced was a group of loyal fans. This is something nokia hasn't had because they rarely compete in the hig end.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Meego looks nice, but it's hard to imagine that it will catch on in the u.s. With nokias basically non-existant mindshare. One thing Palm had ging for them when webos was introduced was a group of loyal fans. This is something nokia hasn't had because they rarely compete in the hig end.
    What are you talking about? Nokia owns 35% of the U.S. market as of August 2010. Granted, they have almost zero smartphone market share, but a lot of phones.

Compare them to Apple.

Approximately 42% of cell phone users have a smart phone. Apple has 23.8% of those users. So they have 9.996% of all phone users. So compare:

Nokia: 35% of all phones in the U.S.
    Apple: 10% of all phones in the U.S.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12