Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It looks like his is the real deal for homebrew on the PS3, and i know this community loves homebrew as much as i do.

It lookes like this is being worked on to be used on android right now, but it would be awesome for the pre to beat android to the punch. just putting this out there for any developers who are interested.

I wanna use my homebrewed(?) pre to homebrew my ps3!!!!!!

Thanks

PSGroove – Open Source PSJailbreak Code RELEASED! | PS3Hax Network
    Last edited by adoss89; 09/02/2010 at 01:00 AM.
    NUTS!
    I read that someone by the name of Hector Martin successfully used his Palm Pre to jailbreak his PS3.

http://twitter.com/marcan42

Been looking for the code but I don't thinks its posted anywhere yet.

This information was posted where the Nokia N900 "PSFreedom" PS3 jailbreak code was created.
    Last edited by the.teejster; 09/03/2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: added Twitter link
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    He didn't "jailbreak" his PS3. That's lame iSpeak.
    I would be interested in testing this, though my PS3 is 3.15.
    just so everyone knows, a psgroove hack was compiled and released for the palm pre a couple hours ago, check out ps3hax.net, should be the first article.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    You dont have to go through all that. I just copied the psfreedom.ko file (got it from www . ps3hax .net /downloads .php?do=file&id=398) to my pre and ran the command "insmod /media/internal/psfreedom.ko" (no quotes) in the terminal app you can get from preware. I had to run the command twice for it to work. To get usb working normally again you have to do a full restart of the phone.
    I've heard this is only for 1.4.5. If that is true my hatred for Verizon grows even stronger.

e_t

Edit: No worries, it took a few tries, but it works fine from the VZW Pre.
    Last edited by edit_text; 09/05/2010 at 09:26 AM.
    This is great news! I have acquired all the necessary files, but I can't see the use in this exploit at the moment. I do not have much desire to back up games, but the idea of running unsigned code is very exciting! Does anyone know of an active homebrew community for the PS3?
    It is still an infant community ATM. I would expect, as methods and chips grow in availability over the next month, many many great things. If you need help, watch this, and read the notes.

e_t
    Quote Originally Posted by edit_text View Post
    I've heard this is only for 1.4.5. If that is true my hatred for Verizon grows even stronger.

e_t

Edit: No worries, it took a few tries, but it works fine from the VZW Pre.
    I saw a thread that shows VZW has the 1.4.5 OTA update now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I saw a thread that shows VZW has the 1.4.5 OTA update now.
    That's only for the Pixi Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by emc350 View Post
    You dont have to go through all that. I just copied the psfreedom.ko file (got it from www . ps3hax .net /downloads .php?do=file&id=398) to my pre and ran the command "insmod /media/internal/psfreedom.ko" (no quotes) in the terminal app you can get from preware. I had to run the command twice for it to work. To get usb working normally again you have to do a full restart of the phone.
    is there a tutorial for this?

I have my pre with preware, just download terminal from preware and how do I install the downloaded package to my pre? do I just do that with webosquickinstall? any help it's appreciate it. I also heard that ps3 needs to be on 3.41 or something like that.

Treo 755p.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skasol View Post
    is there a tutorial for this?

I have my pre with preware, just download terminal from preware and how do I install the downloaded package to my pre? do I just do that with webosquickinstall? any help it's appreciate it. I also heard that ps3 needs to be on 3.41 or something like that.
    just copy the psfreedom.ko file to your usb partition of your phone. run the command twice (atleast for me its the only way it works). now switch off power in the back(fat ps3) or unplug power cord(slim ps3) and plug your pre to your ps3. turn your ps3 back on and press eject immediately. you should now have install package option under games. install a stealth backupmanager from the ps3hax forums with a usb drive. enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That's only for the Pixi Plus.
    My bad. That's horrible that they'd allow for the Pixi, but not the Pre. What can possibly be an excuse for that?
    just copy the psfreedom.ko file to your usb partition of your phone. run the command twice (atleast for me its the only way it works). now switch off power in the back(fat ps3) or unplug power cord(slim ps3) and plug your pre to your ps3. turn your ps3 back on and press eject immediately. you should now have install package option under games. install a stealth backupmanager from the ps3hax forums with a usb drive. enjoy.
    Thank you. Got it working. So everytime I want to load backup manager I have to run the command on the phone right. Also do I need original disc to play the back up everytime? Thanks for initial help.

Treo 755p.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skasol View Post
    Thank you. Got it working. So everytime I want to load backup manager I have to run the command on the phone right. Also do I need original disc to play the back up everytime? Thanks for initial help.
    yea you have to run through the boot up process everytime to use the backupmanager and insert any original ps3 game.
    yea you have to run through the boot up process everytime to use the backupmanager and insert any original ps3 game.
    Thank u So much. I am glad I kept my pre.

Treo 755p.
    You guys can save some typing while in the terminal app, gesture + 2 emulates an up key press. That will, of course, bring up the last command run.

e_t
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast