Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 66
  1.    #1  
    Last year I held back from buying one because it incomprehensibly had no camera at all -- while Apple weirdly installed them on their dumb iPods.

    This year I was psyched -- excitedly waiting weeks until today when the new Touches were to be announced. An iPhone4 without all the phone glitches -- 2 sided camera, hyper smooth performance, hundreds of thousands of apps, an awesome screen, able to shoot HD video, fantastic stills ...

    WAITTTT !!!!

    I just learned that instead of the 5meg primary camera that the iP4 has -- Jobso suckered me again with an el cheapo sub 1 meg camera !!

    Am I misreading the Engadget spec on this ???


    "Update: It's worth noting that the back camera is clearly not the same 5 megapixel shooter present on the iPhone 4, as the specs on Apple's page for the touch list the still photo resolution at 960 x 720 -- a huge difference."

    WHY WHY WHY Jobso ??? Why do you torture me so ?? how much can you have saved to make it worth your while to screw me on the camera I've waited a solid year for --why why why Jobso -- why ???


    iPod touch (2010) first hands-on! (update: video!) -- Engadget
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  2. #2  
    It's weird that the rear camera has higher resolution in video mode (1280 x 720) than in still photo mode (960 x 720).
  3. #3  
    Why carry around 2 devices, ipods are outdated, just like the pager (remember those things).
  4. #4  
    I think it's funny. Every time CrApple comes out with something there's always someone that's getting suckered.
    My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    It's weird that the rear camera has higher resolution in video mode (1280 x 720) than in still photo mode (960 x 720).
    could it be some intentional software weirdness -- deliberately mucking up the still resolution ??
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Why carry around 2 devices, ipods are outdated, just like the pager (remember those things).
    Clearly someone doesn't have nephews, nieces, or children. That's what you give them to keep them occupado in public. My 4-year-old granddaughter could probably stomp you in Angry Birds!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    I think it's funny. Every time CrApple comes out with something there's always someone that's getting suckered.
    so true -- why else would folks upgrade every year ??
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Clearly someone doesn't have nephews, nieces, or children. That's what you give them to keep them occupado in public. My 4-year-old granddaughter could probably stomp you in Angry Birds!
    No doubt, lol.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    so true -- why else would folks upgrade every year ??
    Tech addiction and extra cash.
  10. ogeneo's Avatar
    Posts
    348 Posts
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    I think it's funny. Every time CrApple comes out with something there's always someone that's getting suckered.
    120 million devices running iOS, 230,000 new iOS activations per day.
    Get over it already...
  11. #11  
    120 mil suckers or actually "repeat" suckers? what do I have to get over? I have A LOT of entertainment though.
    My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
  12. #12  
    the still resolution matches the ipod resolution so you can use it to show your photos

    the video resooution matches the iPad resolution because Steve-0 has told us that the iPad is the perfect video device and the iPod is the perfect photo device.

    In oder to optimize our media lives, we need to own/carry two apple devices. It's the only way we can find meaning and happiness in our pathetic lives. Thanks be to steve.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    so true -- why else would folks upgrade every year ??
    There are some people who don't upgrade every year, more like every other year. Unless you really must have something, there's usually not much need to. Sometimes the specs don't change too much, although this year is different.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  14. jp99's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    I just learned that instead of the 5meg primary camera that the iP4 has -- Jobso suckered me again with an el cheapo sub 1 meg camera !!

    Am I misreading the Engadget spec on this ???


    "Update: It's worth noting that the back camera is clearly not the same 5 megapixel shooter present on the iPhone 4, as the specs on Apple's page for the touch list the still photo resolution at 960 x 720 -- a huge difference."
    Wow ... my son just ordered one last night, as he wanted to upgrade his Touch 2 gen device. He didn't know about this and I just texted him - needless to say, he's not happy! Well, he can still use his 1 year old Pre to take pictures with 3X the pixels (and have a flash).

    I like a lot of Apple's creativity, but this stuff would bug me to death if I used their products.

    If one wanted to work around this limitation - can you buy an iPhone4 and not activate it, but use it like a Touch? Pricey I know, but just wondered if it can be used that way.
  15. Honis's Avatar
    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    If one wanted to work around this limitation - can you buy an iPhone4 and not activate it, but use it like a Touch? Pricey I know, but just wondered if it can be used that way.
    I would think so. Maybe only after a jailbreak though. I still laugh at my friends for breaking their warranties to make something they are paying crap loads for functional
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    Wow ... my son just ordered one last night, as he wanted to upgrade his Touch 2 gen device. He didn't know about this and I just texted him - needless to say, he's not happy! Well, he can still use his 1 year old Pre to take pictures with 3X the pixels (and have a flash).

    I like a lot of Apple's creativity, but this stuff would bug me to death if I used their products.

    If one wanted to work around this limitation - can you buy an iPhone4 and not activate it, but use it like a Touch? Pricey I know, but just wondered if it can be used that way.
    The reality is that for 3x5 prints and looking at photos on a screen the size of the iPod Touch, those resolutions are actually fine. Higher resolution adds no value to that screen size/resolution - and it would create pictures that 10x larger.

    Obviously if you are planning to use your iPod as your primary camera, this isn't a good answer. But for snapping picks for facebook and using facetime - the specs for the iPod Touch cameras are perfect.

    No flames please, I don't even own an iPod. But, I can actually imagine buying one of these just to run skype and facebook, etc.

    Apple did some good research to figure out what they needed. this wasn't a random choice. I had the same concerns about the display resolution on the iPad (I thought it needed to be 720p), but it seems to be a non issue for iPad owners.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    I would think so. Maybe only after a jailbreak though. I still laugh at my friends for breaking their warranties to make something they are paying crap loads for functional
    Right.

    Because its totally nonfunctional for the average user without being jailbroken.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    The reality is that for 3x5 prints and looking at photos on a screen the size of the iPod Touch, those resolutions are actually fine. Higher resolution adds no value to that screen size/resolution - and it would create pictures that 10x larger.

    Obviously if you are planning to use your iPod as your primary camera, this isn't a good answer. But for snapping picks for facebook and using facetime - the specs for the iPod Touch cameras are perfect.

    No flames please, I don't even own an iPod. But, I can actually imagine buying one of these just to run skype and facebook, etc.

    Apple did some good research to figure out what they needed. this wasn't a random choice. I had the same concerns about the display resolution on the iPad (I thought it needed to be 720p), but it seems to be a non issue for iPad owners.
    I wanted a pocket device that could be an emergency spontaneous camera -- decent enough to be viable even if not as good as a dedicated device.

    The IP4's camera seems to be that.

    I haven't seen independent testing yet, but I'm not hopeful that the Touch can fit my needs on that front (or back) ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  19. #19  
    O.o Ur phone that far in the stone ages... ? They all have "emergency spontaneous" cameras. lol
    My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
  20. #20  
    I think the iPod Touch back camera will be sufficient for spontaneous pictures in good lighting.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions