Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I think the battery is the primary culprit in making the iPhone so much thicker. The Touch has many fewer radios so it has a much smaller battery. I higher density CCD probably isn't any biggee, but I'm sure they are more expensive. He also wants to keep a few advanced features exclusive to his flagship product, which is the iPhone.
    No. I think it was Engadget that actually got a quote from Apple about the rear camera and they flat out said the reason for the camera had nothing to do with cost. The reason the camera is so crappy is because they for some reason felt the iTouch wasn't thin enough yet...

If they had left it the same thickness as the last two generations they could have gotten something similar to the 3GS camera and an LED flash in there.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    i totally wanted one just have access to all the iphone apps (lets face, the pre apps are sub-par and minimal) i love the homebrew apps and the patches, the people here rock! but i still wanted one just for fun. Wouldve been fun to tether my pre to it and basically have it usefuk anywhere...but then i figures i would rather save the dough...meh...eff apple.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by led_zeppelin84 View Post
    i totally wanted one just have access to all the iphone apps (lets face, the pre apps are sub-par and minimal) i love the homebrew apps and the patches, the people here rock! but i still wanted one just for fun. Wouldve been fun to tether my pre to it and basically have it usefuk anywhere...but then i figures i would rather save the dough...meh...eff apple.
    I've been told that the touch can't be tethered (not sure about jailbroken apps though)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'd like to hear some of them about the touch. I'm still considering the 32GB version over an iPad, since AT&T gimped iPad data. I just don't feel like paying $500 for 16GB right now.

The only gripe I have so far is Media Monkey needs to hurry with compatibility. You can't use iTunes for a large library. It does not organize files efficiently like Media Monkey.
    there are many complaints -- but let me start with today's frustrations ...

Soon after getting the Touch I went to the Apple store.

While there I saw them transferring contacts for new owners from their old devices. Curious I asked to have my 755P's contacts transferred (just for the heck of it).

After much waiting around, I was authoritatively told that that store lacked the needed hardware (IR beamer/receiver) to interface with a Palm -- but that it had been ordered.

Going past the store tonight I stopped back in to inquire again and was told (eventually, by the 2nd or 3rd "genius") that the truth was they always had the beamer gizmo -- but that he was the only one who knew how to operate it.

Together he and I got my Palm to interface, and my contact data got transferred.

My genius handed me the Touch, spun my contacts, smiled and said: "mission accomplished !!"

But the default Apple contacts app is valueless to me -- my Palm contacts are divided into 16 categories -- Apple lumps them into one -- without a search box.

Exasperating and mostly useless.

I am forever mistouching the screen -- I'm constantly intending to move the screen, but because I have not pressed hard enough my touch is perceived as a selection.

VERY often there's no immediate "back" reversal option -- and I am forced to retrace several stupid steps to recover where I had been.

Exasperating.

One of the primary uses I intended for the Touch was as an impromptu place to screen videos of mine.

But the speaker volume is so low as to make this application unusable -- unless I whip out headphones (either wired or bluetooth). This is an awkward , unwanted, and inorganic extra step that I want very much to avoid.

Tonight I bought a .99 app called Volume Solution that modestly enables a slight improvement in the speaker's volume -- but unless you're in a quiet room its still pretty useless. (there's apparently a better app for the jailbroken...)

Exasperating.

I hate that few apps have specific "Setting" menu to personalize the app or its window.

(I have still more complaints ...)
    Last edited by BARYE; 10/08/2010 at 05:42 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Apples contacts software has categories too - you were screwed over by the tech who transferred your Pre contacts inappropriately. You should consider relying more on the cloud. That way you could easily sync your Treo contacts with a Google account, and then sync your Google account with your iPod Touch. This also works with Blackberry, webOS, and WM phones.
    ABC Contacts uses groups.

iLounge said the speaker sounded a bit better than the last one.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234