Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since the new iPod touch announced by Apple today has the front and rear cameras like the iPhone 4, and can do facetime calls over wifi, it bascially settled it for me: I'm going to stick with my Sprint Pre, wait for WebOS 2.0 and a new device, and with the wifi tethering, it potentially makes it more flexible than having an iPhone: I can do facetime anywhere, using my Pre for wifi! Pretty exciting, because that means I can get the iPhone apps and facetime, and keep WebOS as my phone OS.
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Same For Me I Dont want to be tied to a 2 year on at&t and can try all apps.. question is which ipod are you getting?
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Personally my Pre killed off any reason for having anything more powerful than a Zune HD (which is still pretty darn powerful). I agree though, the instant Wi-Fi connection of the Pre makes iPhones seems limited.
  4.    #4  
    I would get the iPod touch, because I can do facetime with it anywhere! Isn't that crazy, having a palm pre and an iPod touch, you can be more versatile in that you can do facetime anywhere, versus if you are just an iPhone owner?
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    I agree completely. I plan on picking up a new iPod Touch within the next month or so. Can't wait to use Mobile Hotspot with it.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    definiitely looking at getting the new touch. plus HD video recording.
    yes. I have plan to buy new ipod touch and use pre plus as hotspot. If only pre have games as many as ipod/iphone had, then I won't buy any additional devices.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Looks like everyone is going with the best of both worlds. Consumer win lol
    I think I'm gonna do the same - I don't currently own an iPod but I'd love to get an iPod Touch simply for the Facetime (so I can face-to-face chat with my partner). As I understand it if you jailbreak it even works over 3G, so iPod Touch + Pre Plus = all I need

Although I am still hoping in the depths of my heart that Palm will embrace Facetime with their new devices It is an open standard after all
    I'd rather get a Verizon iPhone personally. Less junk to hold in my pants.
    Hmmm.... is this where someone is supposed to post:

"That's what she said..."
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Just get an iPhone.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    It amazes me sometimes how Apple can introduce old technology and then everybody "has" to have it. Their PRPRPR/$Advertising$ $department$ $is$ $brilliant$. $Many$ $phones$ $existed$ $for$ $years$ $with$ $front$ $facing$ $cameras$ $designed$ $for$ $video$ $chat$. $Unlike$ $the$ $iPhone$, $these$ $phones$ $supported$ $video$ $chat$ $via$ $mobile$ $data$ $connections$. $It$ $was$ $never$ $really$ $a$ $popular$ $thing$ $and$ $very$ $few$ $people$ $ever$ $used$ $it$. $Now$ $that$ $the$ $iPhone$ $has$ $a$ $front$ $facing$ $camera$, $everybody$ $thinks$ $it$'$s$ $something$ $a$ $phone$ &$quot$;$must$&$quot$; $have$ $now$. $Sigh$.
    Quote Originally Posted by vaxick View Post
    It amazes me sometimes how Apple can introduce old technology and then everybody "has" to have it. Their PRPRPR/$Advertising$ $department$ $is$ $brilliant$. $Many$ $phones$ $existed$ $for$ $years$ $with$ $front$ $facing$ $cameras$ $designed$ $for$ $video$ $chat$. $Unlike$ $the$ $iPhone$, $these$ $phones$ $supported$ $video$ $chat$ $via$ $mobile$ $data$ $connections$. $It$ $was$ $never$ $really$ $a$ $popular$ $thing$ $and$ $very$ $few$ $people$ $ever$ $used$ $it$. $Now$ $that$ $the$ $iPhone$ $has$ $a$ $front$ $facing$ $camera$, $everybody$ $thinks$ $it$'$s$ $something$ $a$ $phone$ &$quot$;$must$&$quot$; $have$ $now$. $Sigh$.
    yep. that is so annoying. i love apple's hardware (especially iMac/macbooks) but stuff like that makes me dislike them. i don't even want video chat?!!
    Unfortunately the camera in the new iTouch doesn't seem to be as good as the one in the iPhone. I haven't been able to find out, even at the Apple store, whether the camera has auto-focus. That's essential for one of the apps I'm likely to want, which involves real-time OCR through the camera lens.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Seriously guys, it's not about the ability to have video calls, it's how it is implemented. They've implemented it right. However, I'd much rather see it on WebOS which could undoubtedly implement it even better.
    what if the new webos phone has a frontfacing camera?
    I am getting the new iTouch in 2 months. I can't wait. So it's like an iPhone 4, without the phone. Cooooooool. And the two cameras are frickin awesome.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Hmmm.... is this where someone is supposed to post:

"That's what she said..."
    Oh man. That comment just made my day.
    Why does everyone make such a big deal about the front camera. The fact is a lot of people WANT it and would use it. If you wouldn't then good for you... I'd rather it be there and use it a few times rather than not have it that one time I need it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast