1.    #1  
    I was wondering if it would be possbile to view the Apple live stream about the iPods today from my Pre. I read that only Macs and iOS enabled devices are capable. So my question is if I enabled the iphone spoof user hack for the browers do you think it would recognize it as an iOS device? Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Sorry but it would not work.
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    good question. actually, ios spoof doesn't have anything to do with what you want to do. the spoof just identifies you as an iPhone because many sites redirect them to sites optimized for iphones (or smartphones in general) but they may not have code that recognizes the pre. but since webOS/iOS/Android all use the same basic browser, the pre works on whatever mobile site the iPhone users are sent to.

but to your question, if the event is streamed in a format the pre can handle (mp4) you will be able to see it.

wouldn't it be funny and ironic if apple streamed it in flash? assuming they don't, you should give it a try. the pre is pretty good with streaming video in a format it can understand.
    Apple used a new technology that hasn't been ported to Windows or any other devices other than OS X 10.6 and iOS 4. It is open source however.
    It's a little off topic, but I can't help but wonder if maybe Palm has been holding off announcements of new devices till after this Apple event has ended and the initial excitment has died out

EDIT: The only reason I knew about the event was because it's plastered all over engadget. I just counted 15 posts about it on the front page of the engadget app
    Last edited by sinime; 09/01/2010 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    It's a little off topic, but I can't help but wonder if maybe Palm has been holding off announcements of new devices till after this Apple event has ended and the initial excitment has died out
    Or quite possible that they don't have anything to announce and won't for a good while. Not saying that's the case, but there has been absolutely no hints at otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Or quite possible that they don't have anything to announce and won't for a good while. Not saying that's the case, but there has been absolutely no hints at otherwise.
    Well, there was the photo of the guy from HP with his family portrait, watch and calculator all blacked out and they have said there will be a new device "by the end of the year".
    My guess is "that guy" has those types of devices on his desk 365 days a year...
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    My guess is "that guy" has those types of devices on his desk 365 days a year...
    lol, I want a job like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Well, there was the photo of the guy from HP with his family portrait, watch and calculator all blacked out and they have said there will be a new device "by the end of the year".
    Right, but don't let the speculation get the best of you. HP is much much more than just WebOS. Besides, if you paid close attention to what was said, you would have noticed that they clearly stated those things would be talked about – the future – at a SXSW panel if they were voted on. SXSW isn't until March of 2011.