Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    thats why i have a work managed laptop....for work
    So you have a work managed laptop, and an unmanaged laptop with a swivel screen. Doesnt sound to practical to me, but whatever works for you.

My major work is done on my laptop. I use my iPad as a travel computer that allows me to access my corporate database, my Omnifocus task list (show me a windows based task manager that is as good), my corporate and personal email, videos, movies, ebooks, digital magazines and so on.

Its a perfect companion to my iPhone and laptop. It sits in the middle for me. The iPhone screen is just to small for some of these things. My laptop isn't nearly as portable or good for reading ebooks.

I do not want a swivel laptop, or a netbook that is only a little smaller than my laptop. That is not what I want or need. If that is what you want, then good for you. For me, I just cant think of any good reason to purchase a 4 pound swivel Windows 7 laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    So instead you bought a big ipod?
    You keep saying that likes its a negative. I love that my iPad is a big iPhone/Touch. It allows me to use all the apps I already purchased.

Here, I will say it for you. My iPad is a big iPhone and I love it. WebOS lovers will love their big Pre. Android lovers will love their big Captivates.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    So you have a work managed laptop, and an unmanaged laptop with a swivel screen. Doesnt sound to practical to me, but whatever works for you.
    whats not practical about that?

ohhh, youre assuming I have the option to use my personal laptop for work. Nope....cant do that at all. I either use my work managed laptop for work or go sit in a store and try to do my work there.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I really was on the other side of the fence before I got the iPad, but now that I have it my stance has changed. It really has increased my productivity and I am an engineer, so my workload isn't something sneeze at.

I have been using Jump Desktop for both RDP and VNC. the iPad is a GREAT thin client in addition to everything else. I really thought the lack of a hardware keyboard would be a problem, because I hate onscreen keyboards, but since the iPad has a 10" screen I have no problems with the onscreen keyboard.

Jump Desktop + the crazy good battery life + the instant on really makes the iPad a workhorse for me. I have 25+ systems setup in Jump Desktop that I can jump into very quickly. VPN also works very well with our Cisco setup.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    You keep saying that likes its a negative. I love that my iPad is a big iPhone/Touch. It allows me to use all the apps I already purchased.

Here, I will say it for you. My iPad is a big iPhone and I love it. WebOS lovers will love their big Pre. Android lovers will love their big Captivates.
    No, its a big ipod. The iphone is more functional. Don't insult my iphone..lol
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456