1.    #1  
    Hi all,

OOOPPPSSS.

Take care,

Jay

http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2010/08...l-not-patched/

Apple confirms iPhone 4 proximity sensor glitch still not patched

By Matt Brian, August 30th, 2010

The launch of the iPhone 4 came with quite a few issues; first and most importantly were the antenna issues experienced when holding the device but users also complained of a proximity sensor glitch that would result in the hanging up of calls or mysterious button presses that would mute or invite another person into the call.

When Steve Jobs took to the stage to address the signal issues, he also said that Apple would work on a fix for the proximity sensor glitch, releasing it when they launched the next major iOS 4 upgrade.

With iOS 4.1 in its final beta testing stages and about to be released to the world, it appears the fix will not be forthcoming when it rolls out to users.

Apple Australia spokeswoman Fiona Martin has acknowledged that the company has yet to fix the proximity sensor issue, something that will have iPhone 4 users up in arms if they download the update, only to find the problems are still apparent.

Apple’s September 1st event will likely focus on the company’s new media initiatives, we wonder if this issue will be addressed or swept under the carpet?
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I have had no problems with the antenna (mind you, I have the bumper) but I have definitely noticed the proximity sensor issues. I’m hoping they fix it. I have no plans on returning the phone.
    I love my iP4 and very enjoyable with it, maybe you can call me fan girl, yup, that is, thanks apple give such a fantastic Phone. Now With the iP4 and iPhone 4 Video Converter from iFunia, Im sucking in top summer movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane55 View Post
    I have had no problems with the antenna (mind you, I have the bumper) but I have definitely noticed the proximity sensor issues. Iím hoping they fix it. I have no plans on returning the phone.
    I love my iP4 and very enjoyable with it, maybe you can call me fan girl, yup, that is, thanks apple give such a fantastic Phone. Now With the iP4 and iPhone 4 Video Converter from iFunia, Im sucking in top summer movies.
    My iPhone 4-owning friends are the same way. They all have the proximity issue. None of them will do anything about it other than complain and buy the next iPhone. Apple has no incentive to make this a priority.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    My iPhone 4-owning friends are the same way. They all have the proximity issue. None of them will do anything about it other than complain and buy the next iPhone.
    Because it's not that bad in practice?

All smartphones have faults, and owning one always (or always has been up to now) required a compromise. I lived with a Palm 680 for 2 years with an increasing quantity of dust under the screen, because it wasn't that bad a problem, and overall it was the best fit to my requirements.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Tired of hearing about iPhone 4 problems. I get it. Schadenfreude, schadenfreude, schadenfreude.
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Because it's not that bad in practice?

All smartphones have faults, and owning one always (or always has been up to now) required a compromise. I lived with a Palm 680 for 2 years with an increasing quantity of dust under the screen, because it wasn't that bad a problem, and overall it was the best fit to my requirements.
    Oh, I agree. I was essentially saying that while they may complain, it's not a dealbreaker, and they will be the first to upgrade to whatever Apple puts out next. Don't think these fellas (and lady) have missed out since the 3G.
    Hanging up calls can be very bad though. They need to fix that ASAP.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!