1.    #1  
    it seems there rumors flying around of a Iphone 5 being tested by Verizon, stated to be released july 2011! They state it will available for carriers with 4G service (Verizon, sprint....tmobile, AT&T?). They said it will be slimmer, with face recongizition, 32 gig storage etc. What do you think?

The NEW iPhone 5 - Coming July 2011
    iphone 5 pic in my avatar...
    Dual core... FORE SURE!!!

Verizon.... Verry likely

Sprint,... fairly likely

32gb.... FOR SURE (they already have it..)

4g.. possible, but depends on how 4g will look by that time..
    Who is Clandestine (the author of that article) and what are his sources? That article, by itself, has no credibility.
    Every reputable source has the CDMA iPhone being just a CDMA iPhone 4. Same phone, different radios.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Every reputable source has the CDMA iPhone being just a CDMA iPhone 4. Same phone, different radios.
    correct, but I think there talking about the next phone when stating a Iphone 5 is in works. They have a rumored 07/12 launch timeframe, the iphone 4 for Verizon has a Q1 launch rumor currently, and yes its the same phone as on AT&T.
    While some of this may end up being true, it would be entirely coincidence. Cupertino is not down with the leaks, after what happened with the iphone 4, someone would lose their job if they leaked info again.
    It sounded like a fan blog with zero credibility. Something tells me though that if Verizon gets the iphone and offers more features, then AT&T will respond to compete. It's a win for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It sounded like a fan blog with zero credibility. Something tells me though that if Verizon gets the iphone and offers more features, then AT&T will respond to compete. It's a win for everyone.
  10.    #10  
    Wow. Wired report says Apple knew in 2007 that AT&T couldn't support iPhone features yet didn't warn customers | ZDNet

How important is Apple to AT&T’s business? | RCR Unplugged

It stated that Apple wanted to leave AT&T months after releasing the iphone on the network, but didnt have to resources to move over to another company like Verizon. So to me Apples been looking for a reason to leave AT&T
    Oh goody, another rumor, because we didn't already have enough of them!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Rumors (oh and more rumors). So first Apple would have to break their contract with AT&T for exclusivity until 2012 and then Apple would have to make two different Iphones (one for LTE and for WiMax).

Not likely. No sources for the article make that article fictional reading.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    they must of seen the new palm device and realize they really have to step up becuz it's and iphone killer and will be realeased on multiple carriers!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Rumors (oh and more rumors). So first Apple would have to break their contract with AT&T for exclusivity until 2012 and then Apple would have to make two different Iphones (one for LTE and for WiMax).

Not likely. No sources for the article make that article fictional reading.
    but as stated by millions of sources like:
    The Complicated Tale of AT&T’s Exclusive iPhone Agreement -- Seeking Alpha

there is nothing official documented of when the contract will, or if it has expired. Or even the terms and condition ala changing over to a 4G network was not in the clause for excluivity for Apple staying with AT&T. So know one really knows what contract APPLE and AT&T has except them.
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    they must of seen the new palm device and realize they really have to step up becuz it's and iphone killer and will be realeased on multiple carriers!
    An iPhone killer? Not bloody likely!

PLEASE NOTE: There will NOT be an iPhone killer. It is a great device for those that use it. Those who like it are not going to stop, just because a different company releases a new device. There are millions of people that love the iPhone and will continue to upgrade to each new one as it comes out and will never switch back to another phone. It will never be killed.

There is nothing wrong with this, different people have different needs from their phones. Just as if everyone looked the same, if we all used the same phones, things would get really dull. It is nice to have a variety to pick from, according to your personal preferences, business needs and financial considerations.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    There will never be an iPhone killer. There's always going to be that group of loyal Apple fan that will forever use the iPhone until it gets discontinued(which is unlikely).