1.    #1  
    I work in online for a huge multinational retailer, so all kinds of stuff finds it's way into some of our product managers' hands....but I just shared a long elevator ride with one who had the Samsung prototype that's been making the rounds.

He couldn't tell me much for confidentiality's sake, but he demoed the keyboard, a few hubs, and the new IE. Easily the smoothest, most fluid UI since iOS. Good keyboard too. I have my reservations, but it is awesome in person.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Easily the smoothest, most fluid UI since iOS.
    Interesting! Are you saying it's more or less fluid than iOS?

I'm still doubtful that this iteration of WP7 will do significantly well; there are just too many feature holes, and it is a "Microsoft version 1", and we all know what that means!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    I'm still doubtful that this iteration of WP7 will do significantly well...
    Then again, MS are certainly pulling out all the stops - half a billion on marketing??
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  4.    #4  
    Interesting! Are you saying it's more or less fluid than iOS?

I'm still doubtful that this iteration of WP7 will do significantly well; there are just too many feature holes, and it is a "Microsoft version 1", and we all know what that means!
    Roughly the same. This guy was flying through a lot of stuff in the elevator, and every app opened instantly and there was no lag or slow framerate scrolling like there can be sometimes on WebOS and Android.

I wanted nothing more than to get out on his floor and grill him, but I was leaving for the day and had to pick up my son from daycare.
    Mikah;

Thanks for sharing.

If this is true, and the new WinMo devices will be that smooth and fast, that certainly will raise the bar even further for all consequent smartphones to compete with, which is great for us, the users.

I sure hope that the next WebOs smartphone can be as impressive!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I'm sure it's very smooth since it has almost no features yet. Wait until MS starts to add their usual bloat of spaghetti code to slow it down and bury the UI like they did with WinMo.

they depend on processor speed increasing faster than they can absorb it with sloppy coding and weekly security patches.

but, you have to give them credit for trying.
    Then again, MS are certainly pulling out all the stops - half a billion on marketing??
    perhaps M$ will again offer cash "incentives" to bloggers who come to web forums and say nice things about their products.

Well I for one declare that BARYE's soul is not for sale !!

(...but it is available as a rental -- for reasonable terms and financial considerations ...)

(To paraphrase Tommy Smothers)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Man I can't wait for these things to hit the selves..
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I'm sure it's very smooth since it has almost no features yet. Wait until MS starts to add their usual bloat of spaghetti code to slow it down and bury the UI like they did with WinMo.

they depend on processor speed increasing faster than they can absorb it with sloppy coding and weekly security patches.

but, you have to give them credit for trying.
    Uh, it had the latest build, which is going gold in a few weeks. As for features...it could do everything - aside from visual multitasking - that my Uber1G Sprint Pre could do, and it did them faster. Bing Maps in particular was quick, and that was while we were in an elevator.

That IE version really screams, but I'm reluctant to get too into it since it doesn't support HTML5.