Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Article here: Can't Decide Between an iPhone and Palm Pre? Get Both—In One Phone!

Anyone heard anything about this? Looks like a very Chinese website...

Pretty interesting article! Haven't seen the Pre on Gizmodo for a while...
    Keeping It Real Fake, Parte LXXVIII
    Misleading article + thread title. Its just a asian knock off, with a os that looks like the iphone, with a palm pre shape.
  4.    #4  
    I apologize for the thread title. I called it like I saw it. It almost looks like an iphone button sticker covering a palm pre center area... which led me to believe it actually could be iOS on a Pre.
    What a terrible thing to do to a Pre – Now we will never get it clean again!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Fake Pre running fake iPhone OS...

Can't Decide Between an iPhone and Palm Pre? Get Both—In One Phone!

Personally, I'd rather have a real iPhone hardware running true WebOS software...
    Already posted! Moderator please merge threads.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?t=260535
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    <<Moved and retitled>>
    Uber mod required
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    It's always entertaining to see the bizarre hacks/mods that come out of China.
    We feel your pain: you love your BlackBerry at work and your iPhone for personal use, but as hardware goes, nothing gets your motor running quite like the Pre's pebble-esque shell. Trust us, we've all been there! Well, a new clone out of China seeks solve all your technological woes by combining an iOS-inspired user interface and the Pre's body -- with an iPhone home button thrown in for good measure, of course -- and when the time comes to throw on the suit and tie and head to work, you can switch the UI over to BlackBerry mode. As far as we can tell, it still functions like an iOS clone here, but at least the skin will remind you of the good ol' Bold days. Looks like you can't buy this thing online, but considering how well the software works in most of these things, it's probably for the best.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Uh.. Is this another goodbye thread?
    I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. Reason why China builds KIRFs is that enough people there want it and the pricetag is out of reach. Ever wonder why there are so many iPhone knockoffs? This proves there's people who wants a Pre.

Which is another signal to Palm... Whatever happened to the supposed China Mobile launch back in July?
    I'm at work so I can't post the link. But if any of you guys got the app webos roundup check out the article on the pre/iphone hybrid and tell me what you think..
    It's fake copycat crap from a part of the world knowen for such stuff. Plain and simple.

http://www.webosroundup.com/2010/08/would-you-buy-a-palm-preiphone-hybrid/
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/26/2010 at 08:35 PM.
    I'm thinkin... lame. No WebOS? That is the best thing going for HPalm.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Horrible
    Looks like something you could easily fake with the tools from Pre-Central, and that Home button looks a little crooked, a sticker maybe?

I do like the idea of the microSD card for expansion and storage.

The one on Gizmodo and ubergizmo look a little different BTW.

Cheers
    <<merged a couple of threads>>
    I love how they include a SD slot yet Palm was stupid enough to leave that out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast