Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I love how they include a SD slot yet Palm was stupid enough to leave that out.
    I don't think it was that they didn't want to put it in, but they were working with a time-frame and limited capital at that time. The actual product that Palm was introducing was webOS... the hardware was just the vehicle to bring it into the light of the market. Now that HP saw the value and is investing heavily - the word (rumor/hint/whisper/wish/hope) is that this will be brought back for the new devices. I'm with you though.. I really miss having this on the phone!
    my recollection is that the explanation given at the time was that the design was so tight so perfect, that there was no room for an external memory card.

I thought at the the time that that was bull -- and that the real reason was that they were intending to emulate Apple's closed system -- where they would sell different more expensive versions of the phone with more memory etc
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    my recollection is that the explanation given at the time was that the design was so tight so perfect, that there was no room for an external memory card.

I thought at the the time that that was bull -- and that the real reason was that they were intending to emulate Apple's closed system -- where they would sell different more expensive versions of the phone with more memory etc
    I don't know if that was Palm's actual excuse. Reading Pre breakdown articles like this one make that explanation seem unlikely. Another theory claims Palm thought the addition of a microSD drive would have added unwanted complexity to the Web OS, which makes WebOS seem kind of anemic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I don't know if that was Palm's actual excuse. Reading Pre breakdown articles like this one make that explanation seem unlikely. Another theory claims Palm thought the addition of a microSD drive would have added unwanted complexity to the Web OS, which makes WebOS seem kind of anemic.
    Actually, barye is correct. I think it was on the facebook page back when palm featured some of the high-level talent and answered questions.

Edit: Found the link.
    Last edited by taharka; 08/28/2010 at 03:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Actually, barye is correct. I think it was on the facebook page back when palm featured some of the high-level talent and answered questions.

Edit: Found the link.
    Thanks for the link. I remembered it after reading. That was the Palm response that convinced me they placed form-over-function when they designed the Pre.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12