1.    #1  
    I am currently using a Pre. I am getting a new phone (not a Pre) later this month. Apparently the Pre is incompatible with respect to transferring contacts to every other phone out there. Can someone tell me the best and easiest way to get my contacts to my new phone? I'm not a techie person, so specific and exact instruction would be very appreciated. Thank you!
    sprint store?
    EOM
    In reference to above....If you bought it from Sprint they will do this for you. They have a magic device for such things, really.

Otherwise, export your contacts from old phone, import to your e-mail account and then they will sync automatically when you set your phone up....assuming you are going with a phone that supports such things....but you didn't mention what device you bought so we really can't get very specific.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    The best way to do this is to create a Google account, and then sync your contacts with that account.

When you get your new phone, hopefully, it will be among the majority of phones that will sync successfully with Google. If you are moving to an android phone, this will be a snap.

Best of luck!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

5.    #5  
    I'm getting the Samsung Epic, and I'm getting it from Best Buy. When I reserved my phone, the sales guy said that the Pre is one of 2 phones out there that they don't have a way to transfer contacts. How do I export my contacts? My Pre syncs with Google (gmail), but it doesn't seem that things I enter in my phone show up in my gmail, and vice versa. It seems like the "see" each other, but the data contained in both is not the same. Does that make any sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by goal13keep View Post
    I'm getting the Samsung Epic, and I'm getting it from Best Buy. When I reserved my phone, the sales guy said that the Pre is one of 2 phones out there that they don't have a way to transfer contacts. How do I export my contacts? My Pre syncs with Google (gmail), but it doesn't seem that things I enter in my phone show up in my gmail, and vice versa. It seems like the "see" each other, but the data contained in both is not the same. Does that make any sense?
    Hmmm...

Then they arent syncing.

Is Gmail your preferred syncing account on your Pre?
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Sounds like his palm profile is. That's plagued noobs since the get go and a palm blunder. Simplest thing is for him to take the Epic to a sprint store and get them to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Sounds like his palm profile is. That's plagued noobs since the get go and a palm blunder...
    Agreed. Seems strange that Palm would plug the heck out of "synergy" and then not default to that setup when you add an e-mail or contact account.

There is a patch/app that will copy your Palm Profile contacts to Gmail...I will dig it up.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Can't he use the 'e-mail contacts' patch in Preware? I haven't used it, but doesn't it let you simply email all of your contacts in a .csv file to wherever you want?
    ^^Ya that one! Thanks Newman.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I've been trying to get that "email all contacts" patch to install for the last two hours.....I keep getting an IPKG error....

Are there any other known patches that interfere with this one being installed? Any other ideas?