Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    We're beginning to see a bunch of "johnny come latelys" with the htc hero, the bb storm, and now the dell aero.

What's the compelling reason one would chose the palm pre now?

I've ran out of reasons, this sucks!
    <<This thread has boarded the train to Cross-Platform>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    How about it's the one we still choose. That's a good enough reason. There's always going to be better/faster/nicer phones.
    ^^For once I agree with Rush
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Why does it have to be boiled down to specifics? People choose the phone they like and the Pre is a phone with a great form factor and a fantastic OS. Could be as simple as that
    Pick the phone that suits your needs bottom line.
    Because I Like It!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Totally agree with NNNewman and Rush on this one, I'm not giving a crap about any new phone these days until I see webos as the operating system. There all nice and shiny till you actually have to use it. I can remember my last 3 phones before my Pre and I definatley don't want to revisit the experience.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I guess I'm looking at it from more a business perspective than a "because I like it perspective"

with more choices that blur the line of the palm pre, it no longer is a "must have" handset,

hp/palm need to expand beyond their base customers
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    Totally agree with NNNewman and Rush on this one, I'm not giving a crap about any new phone these days until I see webos as the operating system. There all nice and shiny till you actually have to use it. I can remember my last 3 phones before my Pre and I definatley don't want to revisit the experience.
    What did you use before the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    What did you use before the Pre?
    I had a Samsung instinct
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    I guess I'm looking at it from more a business perspective than a "because I like it perspective"

with more choices that blur the line of the palm pre, it no longer is a "must have" handset,

hp/palm need to expand beyond their base customers
    When exactly was it ever a "must-have" handset?
    If you are looking at it more from a business prespective, then choose a Windows based device such as a Touch Pro 2. Productivity out of the box without having to buy anything extra.

When I went with the Evo, I just had to buy Documents to Go. Everything after that was just plain handy, not necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    We're beginning to see a bunch of "johnny come latelys" with the htc hero, the bb storm, and now the dell aero.

What's the compelling reason one would chose the palm pre now?

I've ran out of reasons, this sucks!
    It's better than the phones you just mentioned.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    I had a Samsung instinct
    No kidding you don't want to revisit the bad experience. The Instinct was a nightmare....after it was out for almost a year and had multiple firmware updates it was almost useable....I bought the Instinct when it first came out...the "Iphone killer" they kept calling it....lol. Although I will say the on screen keyboard worked well although was only in landscape...and voice search for maps etc...still a nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    If you are looking at it more from a business prespective, then choose a Windows based device such as a Touch Pro 2. Productivity out of the box without having to buy anything extra.
    and everyone thinks im crazy for sayin in the doom and gloom threads that IF i HAD to get another os based phone, i would go back to wimo6.5, wouldnt even consider android or ios. but im stickin with webOS, which is why im on this site.
    Palm prē-ist.