Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Could be worse...

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    If the dell streak or similar screen size (5") ever comes to sprint, I'm all over it
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Could be worse...

^^ give it 2 years
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I like my women like my coffee, cold and bitter.
    I don't like them that way. I just thought that was the only kind they make so I just have to accept it...
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I just ordered and am waiting for the Pre to come in the mail after using an HD2 for the last couple months. I thought the same thing: big screen, easy to see, better display. Be careful what you ask for! That thing is a monster! it's hard to manipulate and I always felt like I was about to drop it cuz it's so big. Plus, no matter how baggy your pants are it is VERY noticeable in your pocket (Is that a phone in your pocket or.....) I guess my wife is right when she tells me: "size doesn't matter, Honey"
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    to put this in perspective, 4.3" is the size of most GPS units from Garmin, TomTom, Magellan, etc. You don't often see people carrying those in their pocket.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    to put this in perspective, 4.3" is the size of most GPS units from Garmin, TomTom, Magellan, etc. You don't often see people carrying those in their pocket.
    why would you carry the above mentioned devices in your pocket when their primary use is for auto navigation?
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    why would you carry the above mentioned devices in your pocket when their primary use is for auto navigation?
    I never leave it in the car. Easy to steal. Plus, I am often on the road in rental cars, other people's cars, etc. That's why I got one that can go with me, but in my back pack.

You are missing the point. They are too big to keep in a pocket, and they are the same size as the 4.3 inch phones (although a bit thicker)...
    Hey, Bmwillz...stop hating on my pants... My palm pre fits comfortable in my pockets.
  10.    #30  
    much thicker. But I don't think how my phone fits in my pocket should be top priority even tho this discussion is solely on idividual preferences. There is not right or wrong. " just thougt I'd remind those who feel that their style of choice is being attacked".
    I guess it goes back to what you prefer.
    I like a small phone that has Pda features.
    Others like a bigger Pda that can be used as a phone.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Reviewing all of the comments on phone size, it does seem to come down to whether one uses it primarily as a phone with the added benefit of the other functions or whether one uses it as a primary computing tool. People who primarily use it as a phone don't seem to want anything too large, while people who use it as a computer want it larger. I, for one, primarily use it as a phone, but like having access to email, messaging and the web. So, I like the current size of the Pre - it's small enough to easily use as a phone and large enough to keep up with email, etc. I use my desktop at home and my netbook on the road as my primary computer.
  13.    #33  
    I personally think ppl look stupid walking around using the ipad. It's like carrying around a laptop and using it. And I mean literally walking round with it and playing with it. Listening to music is the funniest thing to see
    Remember the forum rule number (21) Fun, and fun on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellonnnewman View Post
    i like my phones like i like my women... Small and easy to manipulate. No..wait... That didn't come out right! I meant loaded and easy to use. Dang.. Wait.. That's not right either!... Ummm.. I'll get it... Fast and virus free... Nooo hang on... You know what i mean! I don't like 'em big. I mean phones! Well both i guess, but not that there's anything wrong with that... Ahhh... I'll shut up now.

:d :d :d <- Those were supposed to be three big grin smilieys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Not sure why someone would carry an automobile GPS around in their pocket, but have you seen the size of the bezels around those devices' screens? And they're all pretty thick (up to 0.8") - some are even thicker than a Pre. The 4.3" androids, on the other hand are all at or less than 0.5" thick with almost no screen bezel - which makes a big difference.

And for the record, I don't spend too much of my time checking to see if folks are actually carrying their car GPS in their pockets. That can earn you some hostile looks.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    It clearly is a personal preference. I loved the big screen but (for me) the disadvantages of just how big it was (in pocket or belt-case) wasn't worth it (to me). I would just recommend spending as much time as possible with one in the store before locking into it long-term. Handle it, message with it, take it in and out of your pocket, maybe even with the screen off so you're not distracted. Make sure you can live with the form factor first. Oh, and get used to having to take it out of your pocket every time you sit down.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Not sure why someone would carry an automobile GPS around in their pocket, but have you seen the size of the bezels around those devices' screens? And they're all pretty thick (up to 0.8") - some are even thicker than a Pre. The 4.3" androids, on the other hand are all at or less than 0.5" thick with almost no screen bezel - which makes a big difference.

And for the record, I don't spend too much of my time checking to see if folks are actually carrying their car GPS in their pockets. That can earn you some hostile looks.
    I was just trying to give folks a visual reference. Geesh.
  19.    #39  
    having so many features eliminate having to carry around multiple divices. I have a laptop tv & phone. Just because I have a laptop doesn't mean I don't want to benefit from being able to web browse along with texting and making calls. Not that I'm quoting anyone but this talk about it being a primary means of web access doesnt have alot to do with my choice. Sometimes I want to pass the time at work. I don't want to carry an xbox 360 & laptop to entertain myself along with my communication device (phone).
  20.    #40  
    we understand @workerb just busting ballz
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast