Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hope this isn't a repeat. Apparently, the goal of jail breaking an iphone (besides piracy) is to become more like webOS. The guy in this video says Palm Pre more than iphone, I think. He shows off multitasking on a hacked iphone.

great find! That iPhone works just like webOS. Steve Jobs must REALLY hate that. That is amazing. Should be on the precentral front page... To mock him!

thabks for posting that.
    I posted that ages ago. Lol literally
    no link?
    ty...
    seen this before but awesome.

The more people that realize the WebOS is awesome the better!
    What an excuse to not have to buy a webos devise when you can have the best of both worlds on good solid hardware with lots of apps and a huge support base.
    Have you guys ever seen Expose before?
    my bro been doing that since like last year i believe
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPhantasmo View Post
    Hope this isn't a repeat. Apparently, the goal of jail breaking an iphone (besides piracy) is to become more like webOS. The guy in this video says Palm Pre more than iphone, I think. He shows off multitasking on a hacked iphone.

The comments on that video are funny. lots of "Pre sux compared to jailbroken iphone etc" As if comparing a phone you have to hack to hell with to do something natively on the Pre was equivalent! Ok...stepping away from the f a n b o y precipice now...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 08/24/2010 at 03:11 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I think the more recent currently available for the iPhone/iPad is a much better way to multi-task.
    I live/die by Expose on the Mac. Expose + hot corners is the greatest thing ever.
    expose on compiz is for virtual desktops. Even better :-p. You can drag/drop apps between the virtual desktops while in expose mode. Many other numerous useful things that compiz brings as well, like tab grouped apps. It's not all just eye candy.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    The comments on that video are funny. lots of "Pre sux compared to jailbroken iphone etc" As if comparing a phone you have to hack to hell with to do something natively on the Pre was equivalent! Ok...stepping away from the f a n b o y precipice now...
    So I guess it doesn't matter that we HAVE to overclock and install 50+ patches to make the phone what it should be right. *roll eyes*
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    So I guess it doesn't matter that we HAVE to overclock and install 50+ patches to make the phone what it should be right. *roll eyes*
    Completely missed his point WebOS comes with what people want natively and installing patches and stuff is easy - takes what.. a few minutes? Far different that jailbreaking and becoming an 'illegal' phone per Apple. No phone is going to have everything you ever want... but at least Homebrew lets you add anything you want 'on the fly' quickly and easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    but at least Homebrew lets you add anything you want 'on the fly' quickly and easily.
    Not anything.
    Uhhh...last time I checked you didn't patch anything on webos to multitask. Sigh... Of course we patch webos, but the point is that users are having to hack an iPhone to do what a Pre does natively out the box.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  18.    #19  
    Rahul Sood, sort of implied that all this unsupported tweaking/patching shouldn't be necessary; the device should natively support it. Sounds like HP/Palm may give webOS the backing it needs. Apple isn't likely to ever be as friendly, supportive or allow true innovation.
    Not to mention that the new firmware for the ipad now requires a new jailbreak. According to Apple, if you don't get rid of the security hole that allows for the ipad to be jailbroken, you leave it open to all kinds of security threats.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast